Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Martin Ouellette to Orlando Solar Bears
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch have loaned goaltender Martin Ouellette to the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL, general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Ouellette, 27, has appeared in three games with the Crunch this season, recording a 2-0-0 record, 0.87 goals-against average and .966 save percentage. He won his first start in net with Syracuse stopping 19-of-20 shots in a 2-1 victory over the Binghamton Devils on Jan. 21. Ouellette has also played in 27 games with the Solar Bears this season recording an 18-7-2 record with a .908 save percentage.
Last season, Ouellette appeared in 42 games with the Florida Everblades, compiling a 33-5-3 record and .921 save percentage as the team claimed the Brabham Cup as regular season champions. His 2.02 goals-against average was second best in the league as were his four shutouts. The 6-foot-2, 194-pound netminder also earned a 2.31 goals-against average and .917 save percentage in 19 Kelly Cup Playoffs games backstopping the Everblades to the Final, falling in Game 7 to the Colorado Eagles.
The Saint-Hippolyte, Quebec native has played in 161 career ECHL games with Orlando, Florida and Reading, tallying a 100-45-12 record. He has also played in 24 career AHL games with the Crunch and the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Prior to his professional career, Ouellette spent four seasons at the University of Maine from 2010 to 2014 with a career record of 28-33-14, 2.52 goals-against average and .913 save percentage.
Ouellette was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the seventh round, 184th overall, at the 2010 NHL Draft.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2019
- Week 22 Report: OT Thriller Highlights Hogs' 2-Game Split - Rockford IceHogs
- Insider: Big Week for First-Place Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Acquire Plant, Recall Lane - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Finally Return Home Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Stars Left Wing Spencer Naas Returned to Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Senators Acquire Fyten from Providence - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 4-10 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack Release Zac Lynch from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Martin Ouellette to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Seventh Annual "Dogs Night Out" Game Set for Sunday, March 10 against Binghamton - Rochester Americans
- Forward Matt Luff Recalled by Los Angeles - Ontario Reign
- Colorado Eagles Goaltender Pavel Francouz Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Colorado Eagles
- Colorado's Pavel Francouz Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Colorado Releases VanWormer from PTO - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Rally Undone by Iowa - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Four from Orlando Solar Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Assign Forward Boo Nieves to Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with CNY Central - NBC3, CBS5 & CW6 to Televise 2020-21 Home Games
- Florida Panthers Assign Four Players to Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Announce Roster Moves