CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Recall Milano, Forsberg From
CLEVELAND - The AHL's defending Calder Cup Champions, the Cleveland Monsters, proudly powered by Constellation, announced Saturday that the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets recalled forward Sonny Milano and goaltender Anton Forsberg from the Monsters and assigned net-minder Oscar Dansk to Cleveland.
Selected by the Blue Jackets in the first round (16th overall) in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Milano, 20, posted 18-29-47 with 24 penalty minutes and a -5 rating in 63 appearances for the Monsters this season and capped the campaign as the team's leading scorer, second-leading goal scorer and Cleveland's co-leader in assists.
A 6'1", 205 lb., left-handed native of Massapequa, NY, Milano logged a -3 rating in four NHL appearances for the Blue Jackets this year and has 0-1-1 and a -2 rating to his credit in ten career NHL appearances for Columbus spanning each of the past two seasons. Milano supplied 32-51-83 with 46 penalty minutes and an even rating in 127 career AHL appearances for the Springfield Falcons and Monsters spanning parts of three seasons from 2014-17 and in the 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs, Milano logged 4-4-8 with four penalty minutes and a +6 rating in 17 appearances, helping the Monsters claim the Calder Cup as AHL Playoff Champions.
Selected by Columbus in the seventh round (188th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, Forsberg, 23, finished the 2016-17 season with a record of 27-17-4 in a team-high 51 appearances with four shutouts, a 2.28 goals-against average (GAA) and a .926 save percentage (S%). Forsberg's 27 regular-season victories set a new Monsters franchise record for a single season and Forsberg capped 2016-17 in the AHL's top-ten in wins (T4th), shutouts (T6th), GAA (9th), S% (4th), minutes played (2976:52, 3rd), total saves (1413, 2nd) and shootout victories (3, T3rd). In one NHL appearance for the Blue Jackets this season, Forsberg went 0-1-0 with a 4.07 GAA and a .852 S% and in ten career NHL games played, all for Columbus spanning parts of three seasons from 2014-17, Forsberg supplied a record of 1-8-0 with a 4.02 GAA and a .879 S%.
A 6'2", 191 lb., left-handed native of Härnösand, Sweden and a two-time AHL All-Star (2015, 2017), Forsberg contributed a career record of 73-35-10 with nine shutouts, a 2.22 GAA and a .923 S% in 126 AHL appearances spanning parts of four seasons from 2013-17 for Springfield and the Monsters. In the 2016 AHL postseason, Forsberg posted a record of 9-0 in ten appearances with two shutouts, a 1.34 GAA and a .949 S%, backstopping the Monsters to the 2016 Calder Cup Championship.
Selected by Columbus in the second round (31st overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Dansk, 23, posted a 6-15-1 record with two shutouts, a 2.99 goals-against average (GAA) and a .903 save percentage (S%) in 24 appearances for the SHL's Rogle BK this season. A 6'2", 194 lb. native of Stockholm, Sweden, Dansk supplied a record of 18-34-4 with four shutouts, a 2.81 GAA and a .908 S% in 60 SHL appearances for Rogle BK spanning each of the past two seasons.
In 21 career AHL appearances for the Springfield Falcons during the 2014-15 campaign, Dansk accumulated a 7-7-0 record with a 3.57 GAA and a .880 S%. Prior to his professional career, Dansk went 40-32-7 with six shutouts, a 3.25 GAA and a .897 S% in 85 career OHL appearances for the Erie Otters spanning the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons. Dansk has additionally represented Team Sweden in two IIHF World Junior Championships, helping the Swedes claim the Silver Medal in both the 2013 and 2014 tournaments.
The Cleveland Monsters are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Majority Owner and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League playing at Quicken Loans Arena and the Canton Charge of the NBA Development League playing in nearby Canton, Ohio at the Canton Civic Center.
- ClevelandMonsters.com -
Images from this story
CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Recall Milano, Forsberg from Monsters
CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Recall Milano, Forsberg from Monsters
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2017
- Game Recap | Amerks Close out Season with 3-0 Loss to Devils - Rochester Americans
- Game Recap: Penguins 5, Sound Tigers 4 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage Double up Stars 6-3 in Regular Season Finale - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Claim North Division Title with 5-2 Win over Comets - Syracuse Crunch
- Agozzino, Wolves Clinch Central Division Title - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins to Set Sail in Playoffs against Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces First-Round Schedules for 2017 - AHL
- Wolves Clinch Central Division Title; Open Calder Cup Playoffs - Chicago Wolves
- NEWS Checkers Announce First-Round Playoff Series - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals to Face Griffins in Calder Cup Playoffs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Open Calder Cup Playoffs against Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Season Ends with Loss to Crunch - Utica Comets
- RECAP: Penguins Come Back, Defeat Sound Tigers in Season Finale, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Iowa Cruises Past Rockford in Season Finale 5-2 - Iowa Wild
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Springfield Thunderbirds 5, Hartford Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Drop Finale 4-1 in Front of 4,896 - Binghamton Senators
- IceHogs Announce 2016-17 Team Awards - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Unveil Calder Cup Playoffs First Round Schedule - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- RECAP | RECAP | IceCaps Clinch Playoff Spot in 4-1 Win over Marlies - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Drop Regular Season Finale - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Announce First Round Schedule - Providence Bruins
- Penguins to Start Playoffs with Providence on Friday. - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Fall to Hershey in Regular Season Finale - Providence Bruins
- Devils Blank Amerks to Close out Regular Season - Albany Devils
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2016-17 Team Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- Finale Features Fan Appreciation Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Season Finale Tonight with Craft Beer and Spider-Man at 6 - Bakersfield Condors
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Close 2016-17 Regular Season - Ontario Reign
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Recall Milano, Forsberg From - Cleveland Monsters
- Purcell and Amadio Dazzle, Reign Fall in Shootout to Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Sink Hogs in Final Road Matchup - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Down Reign in 4-3 Shootout Win of Final Regular Season Road - San Diego Gulls
- Reinhart Scores in Condors 2-1 Loss to Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins' 3-2 OT Win Prolongs Division Suspense - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Recap | Amerks Edge Devils for 5-4 Win in Home Finale - Rochester Americans
- Stars Blank Rampage 1-0 - San Antonio Rampage
- Comets Stay Alive in Playoff Hunt with Win - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Markus Hannikainen to Monsters
- Monsters Stalled in Syracuse, 4-2
- Monsters Pick up a Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Americans
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Markus Hannikainen from Monsters
- Monsters Recall Forward Derek Barach from ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen