Finale Features Fan Appreciation Night
Rockford, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs host their 2016-17 season finale against the Iowa Wild on Saturday at the BMO Harris Bank Center at 7 p.m.
Puck drop is 7 p.m. and fans can tune in to all the action on The Justice Network 23.3 or Dish Network Channel 252, beginning with IceHogs Warmup at 6:30 p.m. IceHogs fans can also listen to the game at WXRX.com or sportsfanradio1330.com, or watch live at AHLlive.com.
Saturday is Fan Appreciation Night and includes a team photo giveaway for the first 2,500 fans, courtesy of American Solutions for Business.
The IceHogs kick-off festivities with a pregame ceremony for the annual Team Awards. The 2016-17 slate of awards includes recognition for the team's Most Valuable Player, Rookie of the Year, Defenseman of the Year, Unsung Hero, Heavy Hitter, Most Improved Player and Man of the Year.
The Hogs will also give away various prizes at each stoppage in play throughout the evening's game against Iowa. Each fan in attendance is eligible to win a prize, and prize winners will be announced by seat number on the video board. Two lucky fans will be chosen by seat location to join a select number of season ticket holders as winners of a game-worn jersey from the 2016-17 season. Those selected will be presented with their game-worn jersey on the ice during a postgame ceremony.
Following Saturday's game, the IceHogs will also have a special tribute to thank fans for their season-long support of the team.
All season ticket holders will have the opportunity to paint a special message on the BMO ice surface following the conclusion of the IceHogs game. The Hogs will provide both paint and paintbrushes for this exciting new event.
Matchup: The IceHogs enter their final matchup at 25-38-9-3 on the season and ranked eighth in the Central Division. Rockford has dropped each of its last three games, including a 6-2 loss to the Milwaukee Admirals Friday night.
On Friday, Rookie Luc Snuggerud netted his first professional goal and has recorded five points (1g-4a) in his first 12 pro games with the IceHogs. Ville Pokka also tallied in an assist in the contest and leads Rockford in points against the Iowa Wild with two goals and three assists in nine games.
The Iowa Wild, ranked sixth in the Central Division, boast a 7-2-0-0 record on the series against the Hogs. Rookie Alex Tuch leads the Wild in points on the season (36), and in the series against the Hogs with four goals and three assists in eight games. Tuch tallied the game-winner with an overtime goal to lift the Wild to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Wolves Friday night in Iowa.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2017
- Game Recap | Amerks Close out Season with 3-0 Loss to Devils - Rochester Americans
- Game Recap: Penguins 5, Sound Tigers 4 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage Double up Stars 6-3 in Regular Season Finale - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Claim North Division Title with 5-2 Win over Comets - Syracuse Crunch
- Agozzino, Wolves Clinch Central Division Title - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins to Set Sail in Playoffs against Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces First-Round Schedules for 2017 - AHL
- Wolves Clinch Central Division Title; Open Calder Cup Playoffs - Chicago Wolves
- NEWS Checkers Announce First-Round Playoff Series - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals to Face Griffins in Calder Cup Playoffs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Open Calder Cup Playoffs against Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Season Ends with Loss to Crunch - Utica Comets
- RECAP: Penguins Come Back, Defeat Sound Tigers in Season Finale, 5-4 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Iowa Cruises Past Rockford in Season Finale 5-2 - Iowa Wild
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Springfield Thunderbirds 5, Hartford Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- B-Sens Drop Finale 4-1 in Front of 4,896 - Binghamton Senators
- IceHogs Announce 2016-17 Team Awards - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Unveil Calder Cup Playoffs First Round Schedule - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- RECAP | RECAP | IceCaps Clinch Playoff Spot in 4-1 Win over Marlies - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Drop Regular Season Finale - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Announce First Round Schedule - Providence Bruins
- Penguins to Start Playoffs with Providence on Friday. - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Fall to Hershey in Regular Season Finale - Providence Bruins
- Devils Blank Amerks to Close out Regular Season - Albany Devils
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2016-17 Team Awards - Syracuse Crunch
- Finale Features Fan Appreciation Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Season Finale Tonight with Craft Beer and Spider-Man at 6 - Bakersfield Condors
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Close 2016-17 Regular Season - Ontario Reign
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Blue Jackets Recall Milano, Forsberg From - Cleveland Monsters
- Purcell and Amadio Dazzle, Reign Fall in Shootout to Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Sink Hogs in Final Road Matchup - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Down Reign in 4-3 Shootout Win of Final Regular Season Road - San Diego Gulls
- Reinhart Scores in Condors 2-1 Loss to Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins' 3-2 OT Win Prolongs Division Suspense - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Recap | Amerks Edge Devils for 5-4 Win in Home Finale - Rochester Americans
- Stars Blank Rampage 1-0 - San Antonio Rampage
- Comets Stay Alive in Playoff Hunt with Win - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Sign Hobey Baker Finalist and Two-Time Big-10 Champion Cale Morris for 2020-21 Season
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E