Claws Fall on Saturday in Final Game of Homestand
LAKEWOOD, NJ - Eric Cole drove in two and scored two as Lexington topped the BlueClaws 7-2 on Saturday at FirstEnergy Park.
The Legends (10-6) took two of three from Laekwood (4-13) in the series including the final two games after the BlueClaws' Thursday win.
Lexington got an RBI double from Chase Vallot in the first inning to open the scoring. They added five more in the second inning, including two on a double from Michael Gigliotti and two on a single from Cole.
Lakewood starter Tyler McKay (0-1) came out after 1.2 innings and was charged with five of the first six Lexington runs.
Meanwhile, Lexington starter Charlie Neuwiler (1-1), threw six scoreless innings, allowing five hits, to earn his first win of the season.
Ben Brown, making his Lakewood debut, threw three scoreless innings in relief for Lakewood.
Matt Kroon and Jake Holmes had doubles in the ninth for the BlueClaws to account for their two runs.
Alec Bohm, who had three hits on Friday, added two more on Saturday for the BlueClaws. Bohm is 18-42 since a 1-13 start to his season.
The BlueClaws are off on Easter Sunday and will open a three-game series at Rome on Monday night at 7:05 pm. RHP Dominic Pipkin (0-1) will start for Lakewood.
Images from this story
Lakewood BlueClaws deliver a pitch
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from April 20, 2019
- Rome Edges Drive, 5-4, in Series Finale - Greenville Drive
- Dirocie Goes Yard, Columbia Drops Pair of One-Run Games - Columbia Fireflies
- Streak Ends as 'Hoppers Bludgeon 'Birds - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Lockridge Bails out RiverDogs for Series Finale Win - Charleston RiverDogs
- Hjelle Goes Six Strong, But Charleston Steals Series Finale - Augusta GreenJackets
- Claws Fall on Saturday in Final Game of Homestand - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Tourists Take Game One of Double-Header from Power - Asheville Tourists
- Power Falls in Game One, 8-5; Game Two Suspended in Top 4 - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: April 20 Doubleheader vs. Hickory (Games 15 & 16) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (April 20) - West Virginia Power
- Luis Gil Dominates over Five Innings, Dogs Cough up Ninth Inning Lead in Eventual Extras Loss - Charleston RiverDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakewood BlueClaws Stories
- Pitching Sharp But Claws Fall 2-1 at Greensboro
- Martin Stuns Claws Twice with Sunday Walk-Off Home Runs
- Case Dismisses Claws Again as Hoppers Win 4-0 on Saturday
- Four Hoppers Homers Give Greensboro Series-Opening Win
- Walk-Off Wild Pitch Caps BlueClaws Series Sweep