Chiefs Fall in Season Finale
Peoria, IL - The Chiefs were held to just three hits by a determined Cedar Rapids Kernels team, who clinched a playoff spot earlier in the day with a loss from Lake County. The Kernels won for good measure, as they knocked off Peoria 11-0.
Cedar Rapids did most of their damage in the middle innings, as they struck for four runs in the third, two in the fourth and one more in the fifth. The Kernels tacked on four more runs late for some insurance.
The Chiefs were held quiet for much of the contest. Zade Richardson reached twice, as he was one of the bright spots for Peoria.
The Chiefs finish the 2021 season with a 45-75 record. Peoria finishes the year with a .375 winning percentage, their lowest in a single season in franchise history.
Peoria will open the 2022 season in Appleton, Wisconsin, on Friday, April 8.
The Chiefs announced their 2022 schedule on Tuesday. Dozer Park will play host to 66 games next season. The 2022 home opener is set for Tuesday, April 12 against the Great Lakes Loons, the High-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Season ticket packages and promotions will be announced at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from September 19, 2021
- Snappers Spoil Captains Playoff Bid With 5-3 Win - Beloit Snappers
- Season Ends with Sunday Loss at Dow Diamond - Great Lakes Loons
- Quad Cities Drops Regular Season Finale in Extras - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Fall in Season Finale - Peoria Chiefs
- Rivera Hits 21st in Record-Setting Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- South Bend Ends Season with an Extra-Innings Victory - South Bend Cubs
- Lugnuts Fall to Whitecaps, Concluding 2021 Season - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Close out Season with Win, Finish in Tie for First But Miss Playoffs - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Conclude 2021 Regular Season in Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Come up Short in Regular Season Finale - Lake County Captains
- Wisconsin Closes Out 2021 with 2-0 Win at Great Lakes - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Advance to the High-A Central Championship Series - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Information: September 19 at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Wild 9th Ends in River Bandits Walk-Off Win - South Bend Cubs
- Out of the Race: Loons Fall in Ten Innings, 8-6 - Great Lakes Loons
- Bates' Walk-Off Clinches Bandits' Final Regular Season Series - Quad Cities River Bandits
- McClanahan's Tenth-Inning Blast Paces Wisconsin Past the Loons - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.