CF Montréal in Orlando Saturday Night
ORLANDO, Florida - CF Montréal will fly to Florida for its penultimate away game of the season against Orlando City SC, this Saturday at 7:30pm at Exploria Stadium (MLS Season Pass, BPM Sports, TSN 690).
After falling in Atlanta last Saturday, the Montrealers will be looking to pick up precious away points and consolidate their eighth-place in the Eastern Conference. After last weekend's results, including NYCFC's 3-0 win over Toronto, there are just five points separating the clubs in eighth to 14th place in the East.
Following their 2-0 victory against the Lions on May 6 at Stade Saputo, the Bleu-blanc-noir will be looking to extend their winning streak against the Florida club to four straight matches. Montreal last lost to Orlando on February 27, 2022, in the opening match of the 2022 season. Montreal fell 2-0 in Florida that night.
What's more, Montreal boasts a 4-3-2 record and a +3 goal differential at Exploria Stadium.
Montreal's next opponents have climbed to second place in the East with 51 points since the teams last met. Despite only two wins in their last six meetings, the Lions remain an offensive threat through midfielder Facundo Torres, scorer of 12 goals this season, as well as Martín Ojeda and Mauricio Pereyra who have nine assists apiece.
Meanwhile, midfielder Mathieu Choinière is on the verge of reaching the milestone of 100 MLS games with the Club. He would become the first Homegrown player to reach this plateau. Choinière is already the all-time MLS leader among Homegrowns in starts (69), minutes played (6,305), assists (6), corners (64), game-winning goals (3) and game-winning assists (4). Earlier this year, he became the first Homegrown to participate in the MLS All-Star Game.
Finally, CF Montréal is organizing an event with CS Trident, a recent addition to the network of partner clubs of the Scouting and Development Centre (CIP), on Saturday in Quebec City. A delegation from CF Montréal will join members of the CS Trident community at Séminaire Saint-François for an on-field activity followed by a viewing of the CF Montréal-Orlando City SC match.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 29, 2023
- Dynamo Academy FW Zeke Soto Called Up to U-17 U.S. Men's Youth National Team Training Camp - Houston Dynamo FC
- Preview: Rapids Host Austin FC During 'Noche Latina' - Colorado Rapids
- CF Montréal in Orlando Saturday Night - Club de Foot Montreal
- LAFC to Celebrate Latin American Heritage Night Presented by Ford on October 1 at BMO Stadium with Carlos Vela Bobblehead Giveaway - Los Angeles FC
- Sporting Set for Showdown in St. Louis on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Injury Report: Trio Absent vs. Miami - New York City FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes Preview - Minnesota United FC
- The Assist: Orlando City SC vs. CF Montréal - September 30, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Charlotte FC Availability Report: Matchday 31 at New England Revolution - Charlotte FC
- Crew Honor Kick Childhood Cancer Month with Superhero Night Tomorrow vs. Philadelphia Union - Columbus Crew SC
- Nashville SC Hosts Seattle Sounders at GEODIS Park in Cross-Conference Clash - Nashville SC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to Face LAFC Sunday - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Announces Top 25 Selling Jerseys - St. Louis City SC
- Match Preview: Charlotte FC at New England Revolution - Charlotte FC
- Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Clinching Scenarios - Matchday 35 (September 30 - October 1) - MLS
- Sounders FC Leads MLS with Three Players Among Top 10 Best-Selling Adidas Jerseys in 2023 Regular Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Karol Świderski, Enzo Copetti Among Top 25 Selling Jerseys in Major League Soccer - Charlotte FC
- Hany Mukhtar and Walker Zimmerman Among Most Sold Kits in 2023 - Nashville SC
- Xherdan Shaqiri Featured Among Top-Selling MLS Jerseys of 2023 - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS Announces Top 25 Selling Jerseys - MLS
- Revolution Return Home on Saturday Night to Host Charlotte FC - New England Revolution
- New York Hosts Chicago Fire FC at Red Bull Arena on Saturday Night - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Play for Trophies in Visit to Toronto FC - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: September 29, 2023 - New England Revolution
- Morales and Hall Called up by U.S. U-17 MYNT for Final Training Camp Ahead of FIFA U-17 World Cup - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- Fernando Álvarez Called up by Colombia U23 Team
- Three CF Montréal Academy Players to Train in Bologna
- CF Montréal Exercises Options on Four Players for the 2024 Season
- Contract Extension Announced for Forward Sunusi Ibrahim
- The Montreal Impact Foundation Launches Second Phase of Its Multisport Mini-Field Project