Celtics Recall Giddens, Walker from Utah Flash
BOSTON - The Boston Celtics announced today that they have recalled rookie guard J.R. Giddens and rookie forward Bill Walker from their NBA Development League affiliate Utah Flash.
Giddens appeared in 13 games for the Flash averaging 17.3 points, 6.5 rebounds, 2.2 rebounds, 1.46 steals, a team-high 1.54 blocks all in a team-high 37.6 minutes per game. Giddens was ranked 20th in the NBDL in scoring, 13th in field goal percentage (53.5%) and seventh in blocks. The former New Mexico Lobo was the selected by the Celtics with the 30th overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.
Walker appeared in 15 games for the Flash averaging a team-high 18.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.33 steals in 30.5 minutes per game. Walker was ranked 11th in the NBDL in scoring and sixth in field goal percentage (55.7%). The former Kansas State Wildcat was acquired in a draft night trade with the Washington Wizards in exchange for cash considerations.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 8, 2009
- Flash Rally to Close Out Showcase With Victory - Utah Flash
- Bakersfield Downs Austin at 2009 NBA D-League Showcase - Bakersfield Jam
- Colorado Defeats Anaheim in Showcase Matchup - G League
- Tbirds Host Vipers for Two Games - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Gary Forbes Works his Way up the Ladder - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Celtics Recall Giddens, Walker from Utah Flash - Utah Flash
- Idaho Defeats Tulsa for Second Showcase Win - G League
- In Sioux Falls, It's All About Family - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Skyforce Acquires John Edwards - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.