Carolina Dominates Battle Creek, 14-1
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.-The 2019 Commissioner's Cup champion Carolina Thunderbirds smoked the Battle Creek Rumble Bees 14-1 at the Annex on Friday.
"The first period was good, but you don't like to see games like that," said head coach Andre Niec
The Thunderbirds got off to a hot start, scoring nine goals in the first period. Rumble Bees started Jake Mullen was pulled after allowing six goals in the opening 20 minutes.
Forwards Petr Panacek, Jan Salak Everett Thompson and George Holt were heavy contributors as Panacek notched four goals while Salak, Thompson and Holt netted two goals each.
Carolina outshot Battle Creek 79-21. Three of Carolina's goals were scored on a power-play and one was shorthanded.
"We were going for 100," said Niec wryly.
After tonight, Carolina improves to 11-1-0-0 overall while Battle Creek will fall to 0-14-0-0 on the season. The Thunderbirds remain the top of the western division with 33 standings points.
The Thunderbirds will face the Rumble Bees again tomorrow at 6:05 p.m. in the weekend finale at the Annex
3rd Jan Salak
2nd George Holt
1st Petr Panacek
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Wolves Down Thunder, 5-2 - Watertown Wolves
- Last-Minute Shorthanded Goal From Liarakos Gives All 3 Points To Columbus - Columbus River Dragons
- Carolina Dominates Battle Creek, 14-1 - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Elmira Gives Up Lead, Falls to Hat Tricks 3-2 - Elmira Enforcers
- Prowlers Earn First Shutout, 4-0 Win over Danville - Port Huron Prowlers
- Thunderbirds Feast on Bees - Carolina Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.