Cardenas Smacks Grand Slam in Sacramento Win
Adrian Cardenas hit a pinch-hit grand slam in a six-run seventh inning as the Sacramento River Cats topped the Memphis Redbirds 14-3 before 11,159 fans at Raley Field on Sunday afternoon.
Sacramento, which leads the Pacific Coast League in attendance, has now drawn more than 10,000 fans for three consecutive games.
Sacramento's offense collected 16 hits to help end the team's four-game losing streak.
Corey Wimberly reached base for the 20th game in a row, Chris Carter and Brett Harper each had three RBIs and River Cats batters went 9-for-21 with runners in scoring position.
Oakland A's starter Brett Anderson is scheduled to pitch a rehab start for the River Cats on Monday night against the Nashville Sounds.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 23, 2010
- RedHawks Survive Three Rain Delays to Beat Beavers, 3-2 - Portland Beavers
- Sounds Lose 4-3, Split Series with Fresno - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Power Past Zephyrs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Zephyrs Get Swept Away in Tacoma - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Cardenas Smacks Grand Slam in Sacramento Win - Sacramento River Cats
- Express Walk Off with 5-4 Win over Reno - Reno Aces
- Express Bowl Reno 5-4 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Push Winning Streak to Six - Iowa Cubs
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes May 23, 2010 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento River Cats Stories
- River Cats to Host Job Fairs January 25 and February 8
- Dave Brundage Returns as River Cats Manager to Defend Title in 2020
- USA Softball Team to Visit Sutter Health Park in Tune-Up for Olympics
- River Cats Announce 2019 Triple-A Championship Ring Design
- Full 2020 Sacramento River Cats Schedule Now Available