Express Walk Off with 5-4 Win over Reno
ROUND ROCK, Texas - Home runs by Carlos Corporan and Ryan Roberts put Reno in position for a series victory, but a game-tying run in the sixth and a walk-off triple in the ninth lifted the Round Rock Express to a 5-4 win over the Aces in the series finale Sunday at Dell Diamond.
Knotted 4-4, recently-acquired Aces reliever Luis Ayala came on in the bottom of the ninth inning, hoping to force extra innings for the second-straight night. Ayala retired the first batter he faced, but would then surrender a single to Collin DeLome, followed by a game-ending triple off the bat of Jason Bourgeois.
Ayala(1-4) took the loss for Reno, while starter Kevin Mulvey took another no decision after allowing four runs on seven hits over 5.1 innings of work.
The win went to Round Rock reliever Yorman Bazardo (1-0), who pitched a scoreless ninth inning.
At the plate for Reno, Corporan mashed his fourth home run of the season in the second inning, a solo blast to left-center. Roberts gave Reno a short-lived lead in the sixth with a two-run home run, his third of the year. Roberts, Ed Rogers and Doug Deeds each finished with two hits on the day.
The Aces now continue their tour of the American Southern Division with a four-game set at Isotopes Park against Albuquerque. In the series opener, RHP Kris Benson (1-0, 0.00 ERA) gets the nod for Reno in a Major League rehabilitation start. He'll face-off with Isotopes RHP Josh Lindblom (2-1, 6.05 ERA). First pitch from The Lab is set for 5:35 p.m. PT. The action can be heard live in Reno on Fox Sports Radio 1450 AM or by visiting www.RenoAces.com.
The Aces return home Friday, May 28, for a 7:05 p.m. contest against Sacramento. That game kicks-off a jam-packed four-game homestand at Aces Ballpark.
Tickets for all Aces games start at just $7, and are available by calling the Reno Aces box office at (775) 334-7000 or by visiting RenoAces.com. The brand-new Freight House District, located just outside Aces Ballpark, is open seven days a week, on both game days and non-game days.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 23, 2010
- RedHawks Survive Three Rain Delays to Beat Beavers, 3-2 - Portland Beavers
- Sounds Lose 4-3, Split Series with Fresno - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Power Past Zephyrs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Zephyrs Get Swept Away in Tacoma - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Cardenas Smacks Grand Slam in Sacramento Win - Sacramento River Cats
- Express Walk Off with 5-4 Win over Reno - Reno Aces
- Express Bowl Reno 5-4 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Push Winning Streak to Six - Iowa Cubs
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes May 23, 2010 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Nevada Women's Fund Announces Event Chair, Aces GM Emily Jaenson, Keynote Speaker, Dr. Jen Welter, for 2020 Salute to Women of Achievement Luncheon
- Zack Bayrouty Named New Voice of the Reno Aces
- Hot Stove Luncheon to Feature Former MLB All-Star Orlando Hudson, Josh Barfield
- Chris Cron Back for Second Season at the Helm, Entire Field Staff Returns
- Archie & Truckee to Make Christmas Morning Visit to Renown Children's Hospital