Zephyrs Get Swept Away in Tacoma
The Tacoma Rainiers hammered five home runs and defeated the Zephyrs for the fourth consecutive game 11-3 on Sunday. Tacoma 1b Mike Carp had three hits including two home runs and three RBI in the game. The Zephyrs scored early with a Emilio Bonifacio double and scored on a Mike Lamb RBI. The Rainiers sent ten batters to the plate in the fourth inning scoring 5 runs to take the lead for good. Z's starter Brian Lawrence retired the first eight batters but worked 4.2 innings and suffered the loss. Steve Shell earned the win. The Rainiers completed the four game sweep of the Z's, second time this year New Orleans has been swept in a series.
Game Notes: Tacoma is last in the PCL in hitting and runs scored, in the series they batted .336 and scored 32 runs in four games. The Rainiers defeated the Zephyrs in the season series for the first time ever. The Z's placed outfielder John Raynor on the disabled list.
Coming Up: The Zephyrs will travel to Portland, Oregon to open a four game set against the Beavers on Monday night. New Orleans will start RH Brad Stone (1-1, 4.20) against RH Cesar Carrillo (4-2, 3.22). RADIO: 106.1 FM WMTI.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 23, 2010
- RedHawks Survive Three Rain Delays to Beat Beavers, 3-2 - Portland Beavers
- Sounds Lose 4-3, Split Series with Fresno - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Power Past Zephyrs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Zephyrs Get Swept Away in Tacoma - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Cardenas Smacks Grand Slam in Sacramento Win - Sacramento River Cats
- Express Walk Off with 5-4 Win over Reno - Reno Aces
- Express Bowl Reno 5-4 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Push Winning Streak to Six - Iowa Cubs
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Game Notes May 23, 2010 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.