Capital City Acquires DeJon Jarreau in Trade with Texas
WASHINGTON, DC - The Capital City Go-Go, the Washington Wizards' NBA G League affiliate, completed a trade with the Texas Legends today, acquiring DeJon Jarreau and a 2nd-round pick (from the Santa Cruz Warriors via the Windy City Bulls) in the 2022 NBA G League Draft. In exchange, the Go-Go sent a 1st-round pick (via Santa Cruz) and another 1st-round pick (from Salt Lake City Stars via Maine Celtics) in the 2022 NBA G League Draft to the Legends. The trade is not subject to a physical.
Jarreau, a 6-5, 185-pound guard from Houston, has played in 16 NBA G League games with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants and Legends this season, averaging 9.9 points, 4.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game. Jarreau was initially signed to a two-way contract with the Indiana Pacers to begin the season and also signed a 10-Day contract with the Houston Rockets in December.
Originally from New Orleans, Jarreau played one season at UMass before transferring to Houston for the final three years of his collegiate career. Jarreau averaged 10.6 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game during the 2020-21 season, helping lead the Cougars to a Final Four appearance. He became the second Cougar to be named an NCAA Tournament Regional Most Outstanding Player, joining Hakeem Olajuwon in 1984.
In a corresponding move, Capital City waived Bryce Wills.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2022
- Squadron Defeat Spurs in Wire-To-Wire Fashion, 113-106 - Birmingham Squadron
- Spurs Downed at Birmingham - Austin Spurs
- Miller Leads the Pack Past Legends - Texas Legends
- Iowa Wolves Race Past Texas, 111-85 - Iowa Wolves
- Stockton Kings Sweep Two-Game Set against Sioux Falls Skyforce - Stockton Kings
- Stockton Kings Sweep Two-Game Set against Sioux Falls Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Knicks Acquire NBA Veteran Allen Crabbe; Waive Griffin - Westchester Knicks
- Nets Dominate G League Ignite on Sunday Afternoon - Long Island Nets
- High Octane Offensive Contest Favors Celtics over Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Capital City Acquires DeJon Jarreau in Trade with Texas - Capital City Go-Go
- Long Island Nets Acquire Thon Maker - Long Island Nets
- Legends Trade DeJon Jarreau - Texas Legends
- Didi Louzada Injury Update - Birmingham Squadron
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Capital City Go-Go Stories
- Justin Champagnie Named NBA G League Player of the Month
- Wizards Sign Champagnie to Two-Way Contract; Sign Hampton to 10-Day Contract
- Wizards Convert Eugene Omoruyi to Standard NBA Contract
- Go-Go Overcome 18-Point Deficit to Defeat Wisconsin Herd
- Go-Go Defeat Mexico City in First-Ever Matchup in D.C.