Canaries Scout Induction Covered By Mlb.com
SIOUX FALLS, SD (February 4, 2009) - On Monday, the Sioux Falls Canaries, the Goldklang Group, and The Topps Company announced the 2009 class of Professional Baseball Scouts Hall of Fame inductees. The Canaries hold a ceremony to induct Chicago Cubs scout Gary Hughes and Bob Fontaine of the Toronto Blue Jays on a yet to be determined date during the 2009 season.
"The Professional Baseball Scouts Hall of Fame is important for our sport as a whole," said Canaries General Manager Matt Hansen. "Scouts are not recognized in the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, so the hall that we have put together with our fellow Goldklang Group teams and The Topps Company is the only way that the hard work of these fine scouts gets the recognition it deserves."
While only in its second year of existence, the Professional Baseball Scouts Hall of Fame is receiving recognition nationally including a story today on the official website of Major League Baseball, MLB.com. MLB.com reporter Carrie Muskrat covered the announcement of the 2009 class with a story on Gary Hughes who will be inducted by the Canaries. The full story on Hughes, who received a Lifetime Achievement Award from Baseball America in December of 2007, can be found at this website:
The Canaries will open the 2009 American Association Season at the Birdcage with a May 14 game against the St. Paul Saints. The Season Premier will feature a Pre-Game Championship Ring Ceremony and a Post-Game Fireworks Display presented by the Canaries 2009 Season Sponsor, First PREMIER Bank and PREMIER Bankcard.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from February 4, 2009
- Vince Moore named Captains Bench Coach - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Cities 97 and KFAN Warm Up Crispin Ice Ball Adventure Series - St. Paul Saints
- Familiar Face, Former All-Star Back in Pels Uniform - Pensacola Pelicans
- Canaries Scout Induction Covered By Mlb.com - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Diablos to Hold Local Tryouts - El Paso Diablos
- Canaries, Cats Swap Bullpen Pitchers - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saltdogs' McGill Sold to Chicago Cubs - AA
- McGill Acquired by Cubs Organization - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.