Cities 97 and KFAN Warm Up Crispin Ice Ball Adventure Series
ST. PAUL, MN (February 4, 2009) -Cities 97 and KFAN have joined the Crispin Cider Company and the St. Paul Saints for the inaugural Crispin Iceball Adventure Series to help benefit Second Harvest Heartland.
The Greatest Baseball Adventure Over Ice is a five inning outdoor ballgame between local celebrities and a team of past and present St. Paul Saints players. The five-inning contest offers everything a regular season Saints game provides: crazy between promotions (only this time in the snow), appearances by two-legged mascot Mudonna (with frostbite) and entertainment for kids of all ages (appropriately bundled up, of course).
Along with Cities 97 and KFAN, local production and entertainment company Kings of the World Entertainment will assist with the musical entertainment line-up and staging, provide Celebrity Chef and Emcee support for the tailgate party, help wrangle celebrities for the ballgame and assist with publicity.
Cities 97 Morning Show co-host Brian "BT" Turner and other staffers from Cities 97 and KFAN crew will encourage listeners to come out to Midway Stadium on Saturday, February 28 for the Crispin Iceball Adventure Series and to donate cash and canned goods to Second Harvest Heartland.
The festivities begin at 1:30 p.m., the Saints will open their parking lot for tailgating. At 2:00 p.m. patrons can enjoy a live band and other entertainment with the game itself beginning at 3:09 p.m.
The afternoon is free of charge and proceeds from Saints food vendors will be donated to Second Harvest Heartland. Fans are encouraged to donate cash, food and warm clothing. In addition, Crispin's wholesale distributor, J.J. Taylor, will match the dollar amount raised by Crispin Hard Cider for cases consumed through bars, restaurants and liquor stores for the month of February and donate it to Second Harvest Heartland. Sometimes giving back is a worthy adventure in itself.
For more information on the Crispin Iceball Adventure Series contact the Saints at 651-644-6659 or visit saintsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from February 4, 2009
- Vince Moore named Captains Bench Coach - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Cities 97 and KFAN Warm Up Crispin Ice Ball Adventure Series - St. Paul Saints
- Familiar Face, Former All-Star Back in Pels Uniform - Pensacola Pelicans
- Canaries Scout Induction Covered By Mlb.com - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Diablos to Hold Local Tryouts - El Paso Diablos
- Canaries, Cats Swap Bullpen Pitchers - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saltdogs' McGill Sold to Chicago Cubs - AA
- McGill Acquired by Cubs Organization - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Paul Saints Stories
- Flicks and Treats: Double Feature of Hocus Pocus and Ghostbusters Highlight Saints' Halloween Special on October 30
- Voters to Decide as Trump Takes on Biden in Bobblection
- CHS Field Receives American Association Playing Surface of the Year Honor
- Saints Wrap up 2020 Season with 7-4 Loss to RedHawks
- Devine Becomes Saints First Ever American Association Pitcher of the Year, Reynolds and Chinea Named Post-Season All-Stars