Diablos to Hold Local Tryouts
El Paso-The El Paso Diablos will be holding local tryouts on Saturday April 4, 2009 at the EPCC baseball field. Players wanting to tryout must be over 18 years of age and be a high school graduate. Those wanting to participate are encouraged to pre-register for $35. Check in will begin at 8:00 am, tryouts will run from 9 am to 3 p.m. Players are responsible for their own transportation, lodging and meals. Participants should wear general baseball attire; provide their own wooden bats, helmets and catching equipment. Registration forms may be picked up at Cohen Stadium, 9700 Gateway North Boulevard, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The American Association's 96-game season opens May 14. The league consists of the following ten teams: North Division-Lincoln Saltdogs, St. Paul Saints, Sioux City Explorers, Wichita Wingnuts and Sioux Falls Canaries; South Division-Grand Prairie Airhogs, El Paso Diablos, Fort Worth Cats, Pensacola Pelicans, and Shreveport Captains. The Diablos open their season with a four day home stand against the Sioux City Explorers on Thursday, May 14. Season ticket packages are currently on sale at the Diablos Box Office. For more information please call Adriana Ruiz at 915-755-2000.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from February 4, 2009
- Vince Moore named Captains Bench Coach - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Cities 97 and KFAN Warm Up Crispin Ice Ball Adventure Series - St. Paul Saints
- Familiar Face, Former All-Star Back in Pels Uniform - Pensacola Pelicans
- Canaries Scout Induction Covered By Mlb.com - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Diablos to Hold Local Tryouts - El Paso Diablos
- Canaries, Cats Swap Bullpen Pitchers - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saltdogs' McGill Sold to Chicago Cubs - AA
- McGill Acquired by Cubs Organization - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.