Calgary Hitmen Forward Tyler Shattock Signs With St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Blues President John Davidson announced Wednesday the club has signed forward Tyler Shattock.
Shattock, 20, spent the latter half of his 2009-10 season with the Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League (WHL) after being traded from the Kamloops Blazers. After the trade deadline deal, the 6'3", 200-pound forward played in 30 regular season games for the Hitmen, tallying eight goals and 20 assists for 28 points and 26 penalty minutes, completing his second consecutive 30-goal season.
In the post-season, the Salmon Arm, British Columbia native notched 17 points (five goals, 12 assists) in 21 games, helping the Hitmen capture the league championship, Ed Chynoweth Cup. Their title run has qualified Calgary to represent the WHL at the 2010 MasterCard Memorial Cup in Brandon, Manitoba. They will open their Memorial Cup schedule this Saturday against the champions of the QMJHL, Moncton Wildcats.
Prior to joining Calgary, Shattock had spent the past four-and-a-half seasons with the Kamloops Blazers. In 42 games with Kamloops in 2009-10, the right-handed right-winger served as the team's captain and leading scorer having collected 50 points on 22 goals and 28 assists including 65 penalty minutes. During his five-year WHL career, Shattock totaled 248 appearances, amassing 187 points including 76 goals, 111 assists and 271 penalty minutes. His post-season experience with Kamloops and Calgary includes 33 games played, six goals and 14 assists for 20 points and 34 penalty minutes.
Shattock was the Blues' fourth round selection (108th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 13, 2010
- Edmonton Capitals Unveil Daily Promotions - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Sportsnet.Ca to Webcast Mastercard Memorial Cup - WHL
- Jeremy Schappert Joins University of Manitoba Bisons - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Wheat Kings Primed and Ready - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Brandon Wheat Kings Mastercard Memorial Cup Preview - WHL
- Dallas Gaume Steps Down - Red Deer Rebels
- Kings Individual Tickets On Sale Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- NHL Network Televising Cup - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Forward Tyler Shattock Signs With St. Louis Blues - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Hitmen Stories
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Wednesday, October 17 at Saskatoon
- Prince Albert Powers past Hitmen
- Hitmen Defenceman Luke Prokop to Play in 2018 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Tuesday, October 16 at Prince Albert
- Hitmen Hopes Snuffed in Overtime