Bruins Defeat Silvertips in Overtime , 4-3
Everett, WA - The Everett Silvertips came from behind to tie the game on three separate occasions Wednesday night but were unable to take the lead as Chilliwack claimed victory in overtime, 4-3. Landon Ferraro, Cody Fowlie and Brennan Yadlowski scored for Everett. Ferraro earned a point in his seventh straight game tallying eight points (4G, 4A) in that span. Fowlie scored his first career WHL goal while Kent Simpson made 22 saves for Everett.
Chilliwack's league leading power play led to the Bruins first goal Wednesday night. Robin Soudek scored his second goal of the season, on the man advantage, collecting a loose rebound in front to give the Bruins a 1-0 lead at 9:06. The Bruins went 1 for 3 in the first period on the power play while Simpson played strong in net for Everett stopping 11 Chilliwack shots.
Fowlie scored his first career WHL goal at 6:27 of the second period. Fowlie collected a rebound on top of the crease after a Parker Stanfield shot to tie the score for the Silvertips 1-1. The Bruins regained the lead at 12:06 after a Mike Forsyth shot deflected off a stick in front and took an odd bounce over Simpson and into the net for a 2-1 Chilliwack lead.
The Silvertips tied the game at 3:34 of the third period with Ferraro's fourth goal of the season. Ferraro rushed into the Chilliwack zone on the right side before letting off a hard slap shot that rang off the crossbar and into the net to tie the score 2-2. Brandon Manning regained the lead for the Bruins rushing into the Everett zone and stick handling past Simpson at 10:33 for a 3-2 Chilliwack lead. Yadlowski tied the game for Everett at 17:07. Scoring his second goal of the season, Yadlowski blasted a slap shot from the right point that beat Chilliwack goalie Lucas Gore low blocker side. Chilliwack's Kevin Sundher was called for tripping at 19:09 to give Everett a power play with 51 seconds left in regulation. After 60 minutes both teams were tied sending the game into overtime.
Ryan Howse, at the end of the Chilliwack penalty, rushed into the Everett zone and shot a puck that deflected off an Everett stick in front of Simpson and past the netminder to conclude a 4-3 overtime victory for the Bruins.
This brings the Tips record to 4-1-1-1 with 10 points in 7 games played. Everett comes back home Friday night October 15th to host the Calgary Hitmen at 7:35pm.
The Silvertips 2010-2011 regular season at Comcast Arena continues Friday night, October 15th against the Calgary Hitmen at 7:35 pm! Tickets are on sale now at everettsilvertips.com and at the Comcast Arena Box Office! For ticket information, including season seats and ticket packages, please call the Silvertips' front office at (425) 252-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 14, 2010
- This Week In Silvertips Hockey - October 14, 2010 - Everett Silvertips
- Chiefs Host Everett Saturday - Spokane Chiefs
- Blazers acquire 18-year-old forward Jesse Sinatynski - Kamloops Blazers
- WHL this Week: Looking Ahead... - WHL
- WHL this Week: Looking Ahead... - WHL
- Blazers pick-up Shayne Neigum - Kamloops Blazers
- McNabb Named Team Captain - Kootenay Ice
- Ice Finalize 20 Year Old Situation - Kootenay Ice
- Americans Trade for Stebner from Hitmen; Release Brown, Pechurskiy, Kardashev; Reassign Guenther - Tri-City Americans
- Hurricanes Welcome East Division this Weekend - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Rockets Edged by Kamloops - Kelowna Rockets
- Friesen, Broncos Hold Off Americans 2-1 - Tri-City Americans
- Winterhawks Fall 5-1 to Calgary - Portland Winterhawks
- Bruins Defeat Silvertips in Overtime , 4-3 - Everett Silvertips
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett Silvertips Stories
- Washington Capitals Recall Forward Riley Sutter to Hershey (AHL)
- Three Silvertips on NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings
- Brkin, Chiefs Bring Silvertips' Season to an End
- Dewar Breaks Wall to Keep 'Tips Alive
- WHL Names Everett Silvertips Back-To-Back Recipient of Western Conference Marketing and Business Award