Bright Dike to Undergo Surgery Monday to Repair Torn Left ACL
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers announced today that forward Bright Dike will undergo surgery on Monday to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee. Timbers Director of Medicine Dr. Richard Edelson will perform the procedure at Sports Medicine Oregon in Tigard, Ore.
Dike sustained the injury in the second half of the Timbers' preseason match against Seattle Sounders FC on Tuesday. He traveled back to Portland on Thursday for further evaluation by club doctors.
Dike, 26, was one of the Timbers' leading scorers in 2012, recording five goals in 12 games over the final half of the campaign. Additionally, he tallied five goals in five appearances with the Timbers Reserves last season. Dike, who has family ties to Nigeria, recently earned his first two caps with the Nigeria National Team, scoring his first international goal in a friendly against the Catalonia National Team on Jan. 2.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 8, 2013
- LA Galaxy Lose 1-0 to Real Salt Lake - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Bright Dike to Undergo Surgery Monday to Repair Torn Left ACL - Portland Timbers
- Impact Takes on Sporting Kansas City in First Preseason Game on Saturday - Montreal Impact
- Chivas USA Set to Face K-League Team - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Real Salt Lake Beats LA Galaxy 1-0 in Preseason Friendly - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Conclude Successful Camp in Arizona with Win over FC Tucson - Portland Timbers
- San Jose Earthquakes Unveil Landmark Youth Development Alliance with Diablo FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Bengtson Excited for Fresh Start in 2013 - New England Revolution
- Rapids Re-Sign Midfielder Jamie Smith - Colorado Rapids
- Red Bulls Sign Midfielder Ruben Izquierdo - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.