Braves' No. 20 Prospect Spencer Strider Added from High-A Rome
PEARL, MS - The Atlanta Braves made four roster moves on Tuesday, impacting the Mississippi Braves roster before tonight's 6:35 pm series opener against Tennessee. RHP Jose Rodriguez was promoted back to Triple-A Gwinnett, and RHP Spencer Strider was promoted from High-A Rome to Mississippi. Also, RHP Will Latcham was reinstated from the Development List, and RHP Sean McLaughlin was placed on the Development List.
Strider, 22, the Atlanta Braves fourth-round selection in 2020 out of Clemson, has made seven starts between Low-A August and High-A Rome this season, posting no record but a 1.50 ERA with 11 walks and 56 strikeouts in 30 innings pitched. In Strider's most recent start for Rome, the right-hander struck out 12 over 6.0 innings of one-run baseball, walking one while throwing 85 pitches.
In three seasons with Clemson, Strider went 5-2 with a 4.71 ERA in 26 appearances, 10 starts. He missed the entire 2019 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery but returned in 2020 and made a team-most four starts, allowing six runs in 12.0 innings (4.50 ERA) with 19 strikeouts. In his first season with the Tigers, 2018, he was a Collegiate Baseball Freshman All-American, striking out 70 in 51.0 innings.
Strider will make his first Double-A start on Thursday in game three of the series against the Smokies at Trustmark Park.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling 888-BRAVES4 or visiting mississippibraves.com.
Images from this story
Pitcher Spencer Strider with the Rome Braves
• Discuss this story on the Double-A South League message board...
Double-A South League Stories from June 22, 2021
- Winning Streak Snapped by Smokies on Tuesday, 2-0 - Mississippi Braves
- Criswell Carries Trash Pandas Past Lookouts 5-2ÃÂ - Rocket City Trash Pandas
- Lookouts Get out to a Fast Start, But Fall 5-2 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Shuckers and Biscuits Postponed - Biloxi Shuckers
- Biscuits and Shuckers Postponed - Montgomery Biscuits
- Fourth of July Festivities Return to Blue Wahoos Stadium - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Ethan Small Promoted to Triple-A Nashville - Biloxi Shuckers
- Braves' No. 20 Prospect Spencer Strider Added from High-A Rome - Mississippi Braves
- Tuesday, June 22 vs. Tennessee Smokies: 6:35 PM: Trustmark Park - Mississippi Braves
- Cooper Criswell Named Double-A South Pitcher of the Week - Rocket City Trash Pandas
- July Promotions Announced for Biloxi Shuckers - Biloxi Shuckers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississippi Braves Stories
- M-Braves Claim Double-A South Championship with 2-1 Win over Biscuits Sunday
- Game 5 - Sunday, September 26 vs. Montgomery (TB): 5:05 PM CT: Trustmark Park
- Biscuits Blast M-Braves Saturday to Force Game Five on Sunday
- Game 4 - Saturday, September 25 vs. Montgomery (TB): 6:05 PM CT: Trustmark Park
- M-Braves One Win from Championship After 11-9 Wild Win on Friday