Brahmas Hand Jacks Third Straight Loss, 4-1
ODESSA, TX - Wayne Savage's 46 saves were the difference for the Texas Brahmas in a 4-1 win over the Odessa Jackalopes on Tuesday night at the Ector County Coliseum. The loss was Odessa's third in a row.
Savage continues to be a headache for the Jackalopes as now the goaltender is 2-0-0 against the Jacks in three appearances, with a 1.47 GAA and a .957 SV% after his performance tonight.
Despite being outshot 47-22 in the game, the Brahmas managed to pick up goals from Alex Curran, Mick Lawrence, and Chad Woollard, who scored a pair.
Woollard's first tally and Curran's marker came midway through the opening period just 27 seconds apart. Jason Deitch found Woollard on the back door of the goal with 7:28 remaining and Curran scored on a rebound at 7:01.
Texas extended their lead to 4-0 with two power play goals in the second period. Lawrence carried a puck through the right circle and to the front of the net before scoring 6:49 into the frame. Woollard struck again in the later part of the period. Odessa's Kevin Seibel made it a 4-1 score with 40 seconds remaining on the power play from a Todd Robinson crossing pass.
Odessa's Mike Ramsay saw his six-game point streak come to an end. The Jackalopes are in their first three-game losing streak since early November and now sit at a 19-18-5 on the season.
The Jackalopes continue their homestand on Wednesday against the Rapid City Rush at 7:05 PM. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2011
- Arizona Fails to Earn Win in Pietroniro's 300th Game, Falls to Laredo, 5-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Snap Losing Streak - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas Hand Jacks Third Straight Loss, 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Hit the Road Jack; Texas Offense Rolls Odessa 4-1 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards Send Kaufmann to Rio Grande Valley for Future Considerations - Quad City Mallards
- Killer Bees Pick up Kaufmann from Quad City Mallards - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Sundogs Make Roster Moves, Add Forward MacLean - Arizona Sundogs
- Rush Add Depth and Character with Acquisition of David Simoes - Rapid City Rush
- Danny Battochio Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Rapid City Rush
- Lemay Returned to Allen, Simoes Dealt to Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Lasalle Sabres' CHL Dreams Become Reality - CHL
- RiverKings to Showcase Desoto Central Music Programs Saturday - Mississippi RiverKings
- Loyalty Rewards Program Welcomes Blademaster - CHL
- Komets Host Annual Comcast Report Card Night Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.