Boulders Top Sussex County 11-9
After being taken advantage on bases last night, Rockland manager Jamie Keefe underscored the importance of holding runners on. It appears his message got through. Over 5.2 innings of work, Travis Hissong didn't allow a single base runner to steal on him, while the bullpen combined to allow only one for remainder of the game as the Boulders (14-13) cruised past the Miners (17-10) 11-9 to salvage a split the four game series.
Seven different Boulders crossed the plate on a night which featured a seven-run fourth. After Mikael Mogues drove in a run, he ended up scoring a JC Rodriguez 2 run single. Two batters later, Cody Regis tacked on two more when he belted his league leading ninth home run of the season.
Though the Miners would go on to score one run apiece in the sixth, seventh, and eighth, as well as three in the ninth due courtesy of a Rubi Silva home run, it wasn't enough to overcome Rockland's offensive onslaught.
The Boulders open up a three game set tomorrow at 6:30pm against the Dominican Republic.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- New Jersey Cranks Six Homers, Sweeps Dominican 16-3 - New Jersey Jackals
- Boulders Top Sussex County 11-9 - Rockland Boulders
- Champions Drop Twin Bill Versus Quebec - Ottawa Champions
- Boulders Fall 8-3 - Rockland Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.