Boulders Fall 8-3
After splitting a double header against the Sussex County Miners (17-9) yesterday, the Boulders (13-13) dropped game three of a four game series yesterday by a score of 8-3.
Despite allowing three runs in the first and third innings apiece as well as another in the sixth, Justin Topa threw 111 pitches over seven innings while striking out a pair. All of Rockland's runs came via solo home run.
With two outs and no one aboard in the sixth, Marcus Nidiffer delivered his 2nd in as many games and 6th of the year. In the following inning, Mikael Mogues and Mike Montville hit back-to-back blasts to narrow the deficit to five at the time before the Miners added another insurance run in the 8th on a Luis Allen RBI single.
It was the second loss in the row for Rockland after winning six of their last seven. They go for a series split tonight at 6:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- New Jersey Cranks Six Homers, Sweeps Dominican 16-3 - New Jersey Jackals
- Boulders Top Sussex County 11-9 - Rockland Boulders
- Champions Drop Twin Bill Versus Quebec - Ottawa Champions
- Boulders Fall 8-3 - Rockland Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockland Boulders Stories
- Palladino's Surprise Start Lifts Boulders over Salina
- Boulders Take 5-3 Victory over Salina
- Boulders Avoid Sweep with 12-3 Win over New Jersey
- Nidiffer Homers Twice, Regis Once as Boulders Crumble Against Jackals
- Rodriguez Records Three Hits, RBI in 7-2 Loss to Jackals