Boulders Record 5-3 Win over Sussex County
The Rockland Boulders (26-30) earned their third straight victory with a 5-3 win on Saturday night over the Sussex County Miners (34-19).
Rockland got all five of its runs in the bottom of the second inning. Collin Ferguson, Chase Harris, John Bronstema, Matt Oberste and Richie Fecteau all drove in runs in that inning. With the flurry of scoring, the Boulders jumped out to a 5-1 lead and didn't look back.
Boulders starter Reinaldo Lopez got his fifth win of the season after giving up three runs in 5.2 innings. Nick Kennedy came on to toss 1.1 scoreless relief innings in his league-leading 36th appearance of the year. Tim Ponto tossed a scoreless eighth and closer Robbie Gordon earned his ninth save of the year with a scoreless ninth inning.
With the win, the Boulders pulled into a tie for fourth place in the Can-Am League standings with the Ottawa Champions.
The Boulders and Miners will play the final game of their three-game set on Sunday night at 5 p.m. from Palisades Credit Union Park. The first 1,000 fans through the gates will receive a complimentary cooling towel courtesy of Montefiore Nyack Hospital. After the game, kids can run the bases for free.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from July 20, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Boulders Record 5-3 Win over Sussex County - New York Boulders
- Jackals Announce Make-Up Dates against Sussex County - New Jersey Jackals
- Miners Down Jackals in Only Game of Series - New Jersey Jackals
- Five-Run Fourth Helps Jackals Beat Aigles - New Jersey Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.