Boulders Leave Home with Loss
The Rockland Boulders (41-46) lost the finale of their three game set with the Trois-Rivieres Aigles (53-35) 8-1. The Aigles built an early 4-0 lead on the strength of homers from Alberth Martinez and David Glaude, but Rockland got on the board with a run in the sixth. Trois-Rivieres added another four in the eighth to cap the scoring.
Matt Oberste was the offensive star for Rockland, picking up two hits in four at bats and scoring a run. The Boulders' magic number to clinch the Can-Am League's final playoff spot remained at 2 after the Ottawa Champions picked up a 9-3 win over New Jersey earlier in the day.
The Boulders hit the road on Tuesday and will have a chance to clinch that playoff berth when they begin a three game series with Ottawa. A win in any game will clinch the playoff spot. First pitch for Tuesday's game is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at RCGT Park.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Boulders Leave Home with Loss - Rockland Boulders
- Gregor's 8th Inning Blast Key in Jackals 11-10 Win - New Jersey Jackals
- Boulders Split with Trois-Riveres, winning 4-3 and Falling 4-1; Playoff Magic Number at 2 - Rockland Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.