Boulders Leave Home with Loss
The Rockland Boulders (41-46) lost the finale of their three game set with the Trois-Rivieres Aigles (53-35) 8-1. The Aigles built an early 4-0 lead on the strength of homers from Alberth Martinez and David Glaude, but Rockland got on the board with a run in the sixth. Trois-Rivieres added another four in the eighth to cap the scoring.
Matt Oberste was the offensive star for Rockland, picking up two hits in four at bats and scoring a run. The Boulders' magic number to clinch the Can-Am League's final playoff spot remained at 2 after the Ottawa Champions picked up a 9-3 win over New Jersey earlier in the day.
The Boulders hit the road on Tuesday and will have a chance to clinch that playoff berth when they begin a three game series with Ottawa. A win in any game will clinch the playoff spot. First pitch for Tuesday's game is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at RCGT Park.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Boulders Leave Home with Loss - New York Boulders
- Gregor's 8th Inning Blast Key in Jackals 11-10 Win - New Jersey Jackals
- Boulders Split with Trois-Riveres, winning 4-3 and Falling 4-1; Playoff Magic Number at 2 - New York Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.