Gregor's 8th Inning Blast Key in Jackals 11-10 Win
Third baseman Conrad Gregor belted a three-run home run in the bottom of the eighth inning to give New Jersey an 11-10 lead and they would go on to win by that same score over Ottawa.
The Jackals had nine hits on the night with four batters having multi-hit games. Gregor went 2-for-5 with two runs scored and three RBIs while 2B Andrew Dundon had a two-hit game, including a home run, along with five RBIs. Left fielder Alfredo Marte also helped the New Jersey offense by plating three runs and walking twice in a 2-for-3 night.
Jackals pitcher Christian Tessitore tossed a scoreless inning of relief and grabbed the victory in his first outing with the team. Tessitore gave up a hit in the three batters faced.
Center fielder Trey Martin had a 3-for-4 outing with two doubles, four runs scored and three RBIs in the loss for the Champions.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Boulders Leave Home with Loss - Rockland Boulders
- Gregor's 8th Inning Blast Key in Jackals 11-10 Win - New Jersey Jackals
- Boulders Split with Trois-Riveres, winning 4-3 and Falling 4-1; Playoff Magic Number at 2 - Rockland Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.