Boulders Hold off Late Rally by Jackals to Take Home Win
Rockland scored a pair of runs in the seventh inning to grab an 8-4 lead and would have to hold off a late push by New Jersey to win, 8-7.
The Boulders collected 13 hits as a team and was led by RF Collin Ferguson who went 3-for-5 with a triple, a run scored and two RBIs. Rockland 1B Matt Oberste had a three-hit game, including two doubles, along with two RBIs while 3B Marcos Almonte scored two runs in a 2-for-4 night. Center fielder Chase Harris also helped the Boulders offense by chipping in a pair of base hits in four at-bats.
Rockland starting pitcher Jake Zokan tossed five innings of work and picked-up the victory. The southpaw allowed two earned runs on six hits and fanned five batters. Zokan evened his record at 4-4 on the year with the win.
For the Jackals in the loss, SS Santiago Chirino had a 3-for-5 outing with a run scored and three RBIs.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 21, 2019
- Boulders Hold off Late Rally by Jackals to Take Home Win - New Jersey Jackals
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Boulders Hold Off New Jersey for 8-7 Victory; Playoff Magic Number Reduced to 7 - Rockland Boulders
- NJ Jackals & Rolling Thunder Inc to Hold POW/MIA Chair of Honor Ceremony August 24 - New Jersey Jackals
- Aumont and Collymore Named Pitcher and Batter of the Week - Ottawa Champions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.