Boulders Hold off Late Rally by Jackals to Take Home Win
Rockland scored a pair of runs in the seventh inning to grab an 8-4 lead and would have to hold off a late push by New Jersey to win, 8-7.
The Boulders collected 13 hits as a team and was led by RF Collin Ferguson who went 3-for-5 with a triple, a run scored and two RBIs. Rockland 1B Matt Oberste had a three-hit game, including two doubles, along with two RBIs while 3B Marcos Almonte scored two runs in a 2-for-4 night. Center fielder Chase Harris also helped the Boulders offense by chipping in a pair of base hits in four at-bats.
Rockland starting pitcher Jake Zokan tossed five innings of work and picked-up the victory. The southpaw allowed two earned runs on six hits and fanned five batters. Zokan evened his record at 4-4 on the year with the win.
For the Jackals in the loss, SS Santiago Chirino had a 3-for-5 outing with a run scored and three RBIs.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 21, 2019
- Boulders Hold off Late Rally by Jackals to Take Home Win - New Jersey Jackals
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Boulders Hold Off New Jersey for 8-7 Victory; Playoff Magic Number Reduced to 7 - New York Boulders
- NJ Jackals & Rolling Thunder Inc to Hold POW/MIA Chair of Honor Ceremony August 24 - New Jersey Jackals
- Aumont and Collymore Named Pitcher and Batter of the Week - Ottawa Champions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Jackals Stories
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of Major League Baseball
- New Jersey Jackals Announce Job Fair Dates
- NJ Jackals Sign Can-Am League Player of the Year Alfredo Marte to Contract Extension
- New Jersey Jackals Sign RHP Dylan Brammer to Contract Extension
- NJ Jackals Acquire RHP John Hayes; Sign C-1B Richard Stock to Contract Extension