Boomers Swing Past Windy City
SCHAUMBURG, IL - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, opened a six-game homestand by scoring in four different innings to take down the Windy City ThunderBolts 8-5.
The game never seemed in doubt after the Boomers scored four times with two outs in the bottom of the third. Matt Rose and Nick Oddo delivered RBI singles and Jimmy Galusky notched a two-run double. The lead reached 8-0 on RBI singles from Chase Dawson in the fifth and Oddo in the sixth. Clint Hardy added a two-run homer in the seventh off the scoreboard. Windy City made it interesting, scoring five runs in the ninth on just one hit after drawing four walks, but the Boomers grabbed the decision.
Matt Miller struck out a career high 10, the most by a Schaumburg pitcher this season. Miller worked seven innings and did not allow a run, walking one and surrendering five hits to improve to 3-1 on the year. The Boomers blasted 14 hits with eight members of the lineup collecting hits and four posting more than one. Jack Parenty extended his hitting streak to 12 games with Rose and Hardy both reaching nine. Rose has reached base in 16 straight. Parenty and Oddo both logged three hits in the win.
The Boomers (30-27) continue the series on Saturday night at 6:00 p.m. with LHP Gunnar Kines (4-3, 2.81) on the mound against LHP Kenny Matthews (2-6, 4.15). The first 1,000 fans through the gates will receive a Boomers replica jersey. The contest will also feature another round of postgame fireworks presented by Wintrust Community Banks. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Slammers Fall to Grizzlies in 11 Innings, 3-2 - Joliet Slammers
- Roa Drives Home Three in Loss to Crushers - Washington Wild Things
- Crushers walk nine times in 7-6 win over Washington - Lake Erie Crushers
- Early Deficit Dooms ThundeBolts in Loss - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Boomers Swing Past Windy City - Schaumburg Boomers
- Kaczor Carries Rascals to Victory - River City Rascals
- Miners Shut out at River City - Southern Illinois Miners
- Brian McKenna Signs with Miami Marlins - Florence Freedom
- Rascals Split Doubleheader with Boomers - River City Rascals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.