Boomers Rally to Sweep
SCHAUMBURG, IL - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, completed a sweep of the Southern Illinois Miners by scoring four times with the bases empty and two outs in the bottom of the eighth, grabbing a 5-4 decision on Sunday.
Trailing 3-1 in the eighth, Matt Rose drew a walk with two outs and Dylan Jones followed with a single to right. Following a pitching change, Alex Polston walked to load the bases. A wild pitch drew the Boomers within 3-2 before Connor Oliver walked to again load the bases. Zach Taylor was hit by a pitch to force home the tying run before Jack Parenty logged a two-run single to complete the comeback which featured just two hits to go with three walks and a hit batter.
Orlando Rodriguez started on the mound and worked six innings in his second start, allowing just a second inning two-run homer that enabled Southern Illinois to lead for the first time in the series. Dylan Stutsman collected the win in relief, working two innings. Connor Eller slammed the door on his ninth save of the season. Parenty and Taylor both drove home a pair of runs. The Boomers finished with nine hits in the game from seven different individuals.
The Boomers (22-17) have won a season best five consecutive games. The team hits the road on Tuesday to face the Evansville Otters. Schaumburg returns home on June 28 to begin a six-game homestand. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Grizzlies Lose Late Lead in 5-3 Defeat - Gateway Grizzlies
- Freedom Fight Back to Win Fifth Straight - Florence Y'alls
- Welch Stellar Once Again as Otters Win Weekend Series - Evansville Otters
- ThunderBolts Drop Sixth in a Row - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Boomers Rally to Sweep - Schaumburg Boomers
- Washington Clinches Second Road Sweep with Sunday Win - Washington Wild Things
- Rascals Take Finale over Slammers - River City Rascals
- Miners Lose Late Lead as Boomers Sweep Series - Southern Illinois Miners
- Sanchez Pitches Strong in Relief as Slammers Drop Another to Rascals, 5-3 - Joliet Slammers
- Crusher offense shut down in 3-2 loss to Otters - Lake Erie Crushers
- Miners Lose Instant Classic in Schaumburg - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Schaumburg Boomers Stories
- White Sox Select Boomers Stadium as Training Site for the 2020 Season
- Gary SouthShore RailCats, Schaumburg Boomers to Add Black Lives Matters Patches to Team Jerseys
- All-Star Nieporte Returns for 2020
- Eddie Jackson Charity Softball Game Returns Next Summer
- Boomers Announce 2020 Schedule