Bombers prepare to tackle the Lions
WINNIPEG, MB - The defending Grey Cup champion B.C. Lions roar into Winnipeg this Friday night - and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers plan to welcome them to the jungle that is Canad Inns Stadium.
The FRIDAY, OCT. 5 game is a re-match of the Aug. 10 contest held at B.C. Place in Vancouver, which the Blue Bombers won 22-21. More than 22,000 tickets have already been sold for this Friday's game, which is sponsored by AMJ Campbell. Kick-off time is 7 p.m.
The south end will feature a host of Kids Zone activities prior to the game. Fans attending the game will be able to enter Canad Inns Stadium beginning at 5:30 p.m. through Gate 8 at the south end of the stadium.
Friday's contest will feature a special pre-game presentation on behalf of the 1991 Grey Cup Legacy Fund. The fund was established by the Grey Cup Festival Committee with surplus funds from the hosting of the 1991 Grey Cup in Winnipeg. This year's winners include Randy Kusano (High School Coach of the Year) and scholarship recipients Lyndsay Houston (gymnastics), Lloyd Orris (football), Gregory Beckwith (volleyball) and Melissa Stoesz (basketball).
The half-time show will feature some of the top amateur football players in the province taking part in a special Football Manitoba demonstration. The Blue Bombers are a committed partner with amateur football in the province. In addition to providing financial support through the sale of 50-50 tickets, the football club hosts a number of amateur events at Canad Inns Stadium each season.
The Bombers-Lions game won't be the only fireworks taking place at Canad Inns Stadium this Friday. A special post-game fireworks demonstration will take place at the conclusion of the game.
Tickets for this Friday's game can be purchased at all Ticketmaster locations or on-line at www.ticketmaster.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from October 1, 2007
- Eskimos participate in Read-In Week - Edmonton Eskimos
- Bombers add OL Riley Clayton - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Bombers prepare to tackle the Lions - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Denny Creehan Relieved of Coaching Duties - Calgary Stampeders
- Eskimos sign Jarred Winkel - Edmonton Eskimos
- Eskimos sign QB; delete two from practice roster - Edmonton Eskimos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Add Quarterbacks, Defensive Back to Roster
- Winnipeg Football Club Posts Operating Profit of $5.1 Million in 2017
- Bombers Sign Oparaku
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Open Nominations for Jack Jacobs Scholarship
- Matt Nichols Launching QB Camp at Investors Group Field