BlueClaws Blanked by Legends 4-0 on Thursday
LAKEWOOD, NJ - Kyle Isbel had four hits including two doubles while Yefri Del Rosario threw six scoreless innings as Lexington topped the BlueClaws 4-0 at FirstEnergy Park on Thursday night.
The BlueClaws (27-13/69-41) had their six-game winning streak snapped and they are now 3.5 games up on Hickory in the SAL North. Lexington (22-17/59-48) won the first meeting of the year between the two teams and took a half-game lead on Greenville in the SAL South.
After Will Stewart retired the first nine hitters he faced, eh allowed three straight hits to start the fourth inning. Nick Pratto's RBI single to left scored Kyle Isbel with the game's first run.
In the fifth, Ricky Aracena doubled in Cal Jones and scored himself on Isbel's RBI single to put the Legends up 3-0.
Stewart (7-1) came out after five innings, allowing three runs on six hits.
The Legends added a run in the seventh inning off Luis Ramirez, with Isbel doubling home Marten Gasperini.
Del Rosario (2-5) gave up four hits in his six innings. Janser Lara and Garrett Suchey combined to get the last nine outs as Lakewood was blanked for the eighth time this year.
Simon Muzziotti had two hits in the loss for Lakewood.
The BlueClaws and Legends continue their series on Friday night at 7:05 pm. RHP Andrew Brown (4-2) starts for Lakewood opposite RHP Charlie Neuweiler (2-0).
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 2, 2018
- 'Birds Offense Stalls against 'Dogs - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Legends Blank BlueClaws in Game One - Lexington Legends
- Junk's Stellar Outing Helps Dogs Snap Skid - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Blanked by Legends 4-0 on Thursday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Falls Despite Strong Effort from MacGregor - West Virginia Power
- GreenJackets Are the "Toast" of the Town - Augusta GreenJackets
- Drive and Braves Postponed on Thursday Night - Greenville Drive
- Promo Preview: Superhero Night, App State Night, and More - Hickory Crawdads
- Rain Postpones Thursday's Game in Asheville - Columbia Fireflies
- Thursday's Series Opener Postponed Due to Rain - Asheville Tourists
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (August 2) - West Virginia Power
- Preview: Rain, Rain, Go Away - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Suns-Crawdads Series Opener Rained out Thursday - Hagerstown Suns
- 2018 Power Baseball Charities Scholarship Recipients Announced - West Virginia Power
- Sunshine and Rainbows, Dogs Look for MVP Performance as They Return for Weeklong Stint - Charleston RiverDogs
- McRae Debuts in Pittsburgh Wednesday Night - West Virginia Power
- 'Claws Upend 'Birds Late in Series Sweep - Delmarva Shorebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.