Blue Falls in Final Seconds at BayHawks
ERIE, Pa. - The Oklahoma City Blue (7-13) fell to the Erie BayHawks (7-13), 109-107, on Friday night.
Oklahoma City trailed 107-101 with just over one minute left in the game but back-to-back three pointers from Devon Hall and Markel Brown tied the game for the Blue with 26.2 seconds left. After Erie's Jalen Adams made two free throws on the other end, Brown's game-winning three-point attempt didn't fall, giving the home team the victory.
The Blue entered the fourth quarter trailing 79-78, but Thunder assignment player Justin Patton scored seven points in the first four minutes of the fourth, as Oklahoma City went up by as many as seven points in the final frame. The fourth quarter featured six ties and four lead changes.
Patton finished with a season-high 18 points and added nine rebounds, five blocks and four assists. Hall tallied 14 points and five rebounds while Brown contributed 13 points off the bench.
Oklahoma City outrebounded Erie 51-45 and scored 58 points in the paint to Erie's 50. Oklahoma City's bench outscored Erie's reserves, 47-20, led by 20 points from DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell who added a game-high 12 rebounds for his first double-double of the season. Two-way player Luguentz Dort grabbed six rebounds to go along with seven points and four assists.
Adams led the way for the BayHawks, scoring 23 points on 9-of-15 shooting to go with six assists and five rebounds.
Oklahoma City will travel to the nation's capital to face the Capital City GoGo on Sunday, Jan. 5 at 2 p.m. CST in the Entertainment and Sports Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 3, 2020
- Strong Second Half Leads Warriors over Stars, 110-106 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- 2-0 in 2020: The Northern Arizona Suns Chapter - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Eclipsed by Suns - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Doyle's 27 Points Not Enough, Bulls Fall to Herd 111-94 - Windy City Bulls
- Clips Comeback Falls Short - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Capital City's Furious Rally Falls Short in Loss to Fort Wayne - Capital City Go-Go
- Blue Falls in Final Seconds at BayHawks - Oklahoma City Blue
- Herd Downs Division Rival Windy City for Tenth Road Win of the Season - Wisconsin Herd
- Gant's Career Night Helps Fort Wayne Rally against Capital City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Hang on for 3rd Straight Win - Maine Red Claws
- Skyforce Acquires Shane Richards - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Cavaliers Convert Contract of Tyler Cook - Canton Charge
- Wolves Announce Kurt Angle as Special Guest on Pro Wrestling Night - Iowa Wolves
- Gary Banks II Recognized as Memphis Hustle High School Top Performer of the Month Presented by Campbell Clinic - Memphis Hustle
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- BayHawks Acquire Tony Carr - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.