Biscuits Finish 2013 Strong
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Biscuits (71-69, 34-36) finished the 2013 season strong with a dominating 9-2 win over the Birmingham Barons (77-63, 33-37) to finish the season 71-69 Monday afternoon at Regions Field.
The Biscuits broke a 2-2 tie in the fifth inning when Robi Estrada doubled-in a run to make it 3-2. Mike Mahtook would drive in a run in the same inning, followed by a two-run double by Cameron Seitzer to give the Biscuits a 7-2 lead.
Seitzer added a two-run single in the sixth inning to make it 9-2 and finish his day with two hits and four RBI.
After the Biscuits scored two runs in the first inning, Jim Patterson allowed a two-run home run to Cody Puckett that tied the game. From there, Patterson did not allow a run and finished going six innings with a season-high six strikeouts for the win.
With a 71-69 overall record, 2013 is the fourth time in ten seasons the Biscuits have finished with a record above.500.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from September 2, 2013
- Playoff Tickets on Sale Tuesday, Braves Host Mobile Saturday - Mississippi Braves
- Suns Eliminated on Final Day with 6-5 Loss to Braves - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- M-Braves Clinch Playoff Spot, Face Mobile in Post-Season - Mississippi Braves
- Stars Win 2013 Season Finale - Huntsville Stars
- Wahoos Four-Hit in Rain-Soaked Finale - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Lookouts Win Finale - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Barons Fall to Biscuits in Regular Season Finale - Birmingham Barons
- Smokies Conclude Regular Season with 4-3 Loss to the Lookouts - Tennessee Smokies
- Generals Drop Season Finale In Huntsville Monday, 4-3 - Jackson Generals
- Biscuits Finish 2013 Strong - Montgomery Biscuits
- Game Information and Mariners Minor League Report (Monday, September 2) at Huntsville - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montgomery Biscuits Stories
- Alabama State, the Montgomery Biscuits, and MAX Credit Union Announce the MAX StingFest
- Jake Owen's "Life's Whatcha Make It Tour 2018" with Special Guest Chris Janson & Rising Star Jordan Davis to Make Tour Stop at Riverwalk Stadium
- Biscuits Announce Extension with Tampa Bay Rays, Unveil New Alternate Uniforms
- Biscuits Announce SportsRadio 740 as New Flagship Station
- We Want You