Biscuits Finish 2013 Strong
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The Biscuits (71-69, 34-36) finished the 2013 season strong with a dominating 9-2 win over the Birmingham Barons (77-63, 33-37) to finish the season 71-69 Monday afternoon at Regions Field.
The Biscuits broke a 2-2 tie in the fifth inning when Robi Estrada doubled-in a run to make it 3-2. Mike Mahtook would drive in a run in the same inning, followed by a two-run double by Cameron Seitzer to give the Biscuits a 7-2 lead.
Seitzer added a two-run single in the sixth inning to make it 9-2 and finish his day with two hits and four RBI.
After the Biscuits scored two runs in the first inning, Jim Patterson allowed a two-run home run to Cody Puckett that tied the game. From there, Patterson did not allow a run and finished going six innings with a season-high six strikeouts for the win.
With a 71-69 overall record, 2013 is the fourth time in ten seasons the Biscuits have finished with a record above.500.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from September 2, 2013
- Playoff Tickets on Sale Tuesday, Braves Host Mobile Saturday - Mississippi Braves
- Suns Eliminated on Final Day with 6-5 Loss to Braves - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- M-Braves Clinch Playoff Spot, Face Mobile in Post-Season - Mississippi Braves
- Stars Win 2013 Season Finale - Huntsville Stars
- Wahoos Four-Hit in Rain-Soaked Finale - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Lookouts Win Finale - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Barons Fall to Biscuits in Regular Season Finale - Birmingham Barons
- Smokies Conclude Regular Season with 4-3 Loss to the Lookouts - Tennessee Smokies
- Generals Drop Season Finale In Huntsville Monday, 4-3 - Jackson Generals
- Biscuits Finish 2013 Strong - Montgomery Biscuits
- Game Information and Mariners Minor League Report (Monday, September 2) at Huntsville - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.