Birmingham Falls 7-5 in Chattanooga
Birmingham swallowed a 7-5 loss to Chattanooga in the third game of the six-game set.
The Barons gave the starting nod to the opener Brian Glowicki. In one inning, the righty allowed two runs. Isaiah Gillam smacked a two run homer after Ivan Johnson's walk. After Glowicki, Jason Bilous came in and struggled early. The former starter gave up two runs in the second and two more in the third. However, the two runs in the second were unearned after Raudy Read's error at first base. Then, the third inning saw another two run homer off the bat of James Free.
Birmingham retaliated with two runs of their own in the top half of the third. Lenyn Sosa brought in D.J. Burt on a fielder's choice. Then Raudy Read singled to drive in JJ Muno.
The scoring came to a halt in the fourth inning. However, Lenyn Sosa ripped his tenth homer of the season to left field, off the jumbo-tron and breaking the screen display. That put the Barons within three.
In the bottom half of the sixth inning, Jacob Hurtubise singled on a fly ball to centerfield, which brought in Leonardo Rivas.
The Barons got a run off a fielder's choice from Tyler Neslony in the seventh and another with the bases loaded when Evan Skoug got hit by a pitch in the ninth, but D.J. burt's strikeout one batter later ended the game and stranded the bases loaded.
Tomorrow is a 6:15 CT first pitch. Birmingham sends out Emilio Vargas (0-3, 6.61) and Brandon Williamson (4-1, 4.35) goes for Chattanooga.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from May 27, 2022
- Choo-Choos Win 4-1 on Negro League Appreciation Night - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Smokies Swept by Trash Pandas in Doubleheader - Tennessee Smokies
- Trash Pandas Sweep Twin Bill over Smokies - Rocket City Trash Pandas
- M-Braves Smash Six Homers in Historic 19-6 Win over Blue Wahoos - Mississippi Braves
- M-Braves Clobber Six Homers in 19-6 Blowout of Blue Wahoos - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- M-Braves Host Special Memorial Day Game on Monday Night - Mississippi Braves
- Three Homers Launch Smokies over Trash Pandas, 10-1 - Tennessee Smokies
- Doston Delivers Walk-Off Winner in Series Opener - Biloxi Shuckers
- M-Braves Set Season's Highest Run Total in 13-9 Win over Blue Wahoos - Mississippi Braves
- Biscuits' Return Spoiled by Walk-Off in Extra-Innings - Montgomery Biscuits
- Birmingham Falls 7-5 in Chattanooga - Birmingham Barons
- Lookouts Jump Out to a Fast Start in 7-5 Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Furious Rally Falls Short in 13-9 Loss - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Trash Pandas Drop Opener to Smokies 10-1 - Rocket City Trash Pandas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.