Big 4th Inning Helps Ogden Outlast Osprey, 9-6
Four runs in the top of the 4th helped the Ogden Raptors (24-6) defeat the Missoula Osprey (15-15), 9-6, on Tuesday night at Ogren Park at Allegiance Field.
DH Francis Martinez led the way offensively, knocking his sixth homer of the season, finishing the night 3-4, a triple shy of the cycle. 3B Carson Maxwell also homered, finishing 2-4 at the plate.
Osprey right-handed starter Tyler Poulin (2-2) took the loss, giving up seven runs on seven hits in 4.1 innings pitched. From the 2nd through the 4th, Poulin retired twelve-straight Ogden batters.
Osprey pitching would combine for 11 strikeouts on the hill, only striking out four times, themselves.
The loss moves Missoula two games out of first in the North, now falling in their last four contests.
Both teams did plenty of moving in the 5th -7th innings, scoring a combined eleven runs. The Osprey brought the tying run to the plate in the 9th inning, but a Jose Reyes double-play would put an abrupt end to the ballgame.
Tuesday night was the second time this season that the Osprey would out-hit their opponent in a loss, finishing the night 2-11 with runners in scoring position.
The curtain falls on an eight-game home stand Wednesday night, with first pitch on Conservation & Community Outreach Night at 7:05 pm against Ogden.
All Osprey game tickets can be purchased at the MSO Hub Box Office, located at 140 North Higgins in Downtown Missoula, online at MissoulaOsprey.com and by phone (406) 543-3300.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from July 17, 2019
- Voyagers Fall to Vibes in Road Trip Finale - Great Falls Voyagers
- Vibes Take Series Finale over Great Falls - Rocky Mountain Vibes
- Diamondbacks Send Right-Hander Liebelt to Missoula - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Jackson's Two Homers Not Enough in 8-6 Loss - Orem Owlz
- Junction Wins Ninth-Inning Nail Biter - Grand Junction Rockies
- Raptors Squeeze by Osprey to Clinch Title Tie - Ogden Raptors
- Early Offense Powers Chukars - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Big 4th Inning Helps Ogden Outlast Osprey, 9-6 - Missoula PaddleHeads
- Rocky Mountain Halts Voyagers Streak - Great Falls Voyagers
- Vibes Bounce Back against Great Falls with Succinct Win - Rocky Mountain Vibes
- Late Rally Falls Short for Mustangs in 8-7 Loss to Rockies - Billings Mustangs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Missoula PaddleHeads Stories
- 24 Missoula Alumni Named to MLB 60-Man Summer Camp Rosters
- Next up on Centerfield Cinema: Mamma Mia, Space Jam, Stop Making Sense
- Missoula PaddleHeads 2020 Season Cancelled Due to COVID-19
- PaddleHeads Announce July 3 Independence Day Celebration
- PaddleHeads, Blackfoot Communications Ink New Partnership