Bencomo's Strong Start Leads Lookouts to 6-2 Win
The Chattanooga Lookouts got back on track with a 6-2 win over the Tennessee Smokies. Starting pitcher Omar Bencomo strick out a season high six batters and improved to 3-0. The righty has only allowed two or fewer runs in all four of his starts this season.
Outfielder Edgar Corcino ignited the Lookouts offense in the second with his third homer of the year. In the second Smokies Shortstop Zack Short crushed a two-run homer to sieze the lead. In the bottom of the inning LaMonte Wade smacked a homer with one out to take the commanding 3-2 lead.
Chattanooga would not relinquish the lead as they added two runs in the seventh on a Brent Rooker double and one more in the eighth. The Lookouts have now scored six runs in six of their last eight games. The team also set a season high with three stolen bases.
Tomorrow, the Lookouts set out to win their fifth series of the season. RHP Randy LeBlanc takes the mound against RHP Oscar De La Cruz at 7:15 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from May 16, 2018
- Bencomo's Strong Start Leads Lookouts to 6-2 Win - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Lookouts Offense Rolls in 11-3 Victory - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Marlette and Mississippi Send Generals to Defeat - Jackson Generals
- Marlette, Reed Power M-Braves to Series Win over Generals - Mississippi Braves
- Wednesday's BayBears Game Canceled Due to Rain - Mobile BayBears
- Biscuits' Seventh Inning Dooms Shrimp, 3-1 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Homestand Highlights - May 17-27 - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Biscuits Take Series Finale over Jumbo Shrimp, 3-1 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Blue Wahoos Squeak Past Shuckers in Rubber Match - Biloxi Shuckers
- Forces Unite at Regions Field this Weekend - Birmingham Barons
- Smokies Lose Series Finale in Chattanooga - Tennessee Smokies
- Jake Owen Concert this Friday - Chattanooga Lookouts
- M-Braves Cut Down Generals with Early Runs - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.