Bees Complete Wild Comeback Tuesday Night
The Salt Lake Bees (17-23) scored seven unanswered runs in the seventh and eighth innings to complete a furious comeback and defeat the Las Vegas Aviators (19-21) 9-8 on Tuesday night at Smith's Ballpark.
After giving up two runs in the top of the seventh, Salt Lake was staring down an 8-2 deficit when Jared Oliva took the first pitch of the inning over the left field wall to start the rally. After breaking the franchise record with his 44th consecutive game reaching base safely on a single in the sixth, Michael Stefanic would add a 2-RBI single to cut the lead to three. After a shutdown inning from reliever Reyes Moronta, the Bees mounted a two-out rally with a David Fletcher single followed up by back-to-back-to-back home runs from Jared Walsh, Jo Adell and Trey Cabbage to complete the comeback. The trio of long balls was the seventh time in franchise history the team has hit three consecutive home runs.
In total, the Bees went deep five times during the night with Cabbage hitting a pair, including a 469-foot bomb in the sixth inning. Adell's home run was the 50th of his Salt Lake Bees career, putting him into a tie for 10th all time in franchise history. Moronta took home his first win in a Bees uniform with two spotless innings, striking out five of the six batters he faced.
The Bees and Aviators return tomorrow for a Wednesday matinee. First pitch at Smith's Ballpark is scheduled for 12:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2023
- Bees' Comeback Falls Short - Salt Lake Bees
- Tacoma Rainiers Game Notes: at ABQ (5:35 PT) - Tacoma Rainiers
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2023 - Oklahoma City Baseball Club
- Reno Aces Announce Promotions for June of the 2023 Home Schedule - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Overwhelm Rainiers in Series Opener, 17-8 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Bees Complete Wild Comeback Tuesday Night - Salt Lake Bees
- Dodgers' Earn 4-3 Walk-Off Win - Oklahoma City Baseball Club
- 'Topes Run Past Rainiers in Classic Albuquerque Affa - Tacoma Rainiers
- Dodgers Come Back to Down Space Cowboys in Opener - Sugar Land Space Cowboys
- El Paso Trounces Round Rock 12-3 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- El Paso Tops Round Rock 12-3 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.