Bees' Comeback Falls Short
The Salt Lake Bees (17-24) fell to the Las Vegas Aviators (20-21) 22-10 on Wednesday in an explosive game that featured 32 total runs and RBIs by 15 different batters.
After an eventful third inning in which Las Vegas scored six and the Bees battled back with five runs, including a double by Michael Stefanic that extended his franchise record on-base streak to 45 games, Las Vegas poured it on the Bees for the rest of the game. The Aviators scored seven runs in the fourth and another five in the sixth on the back of a grand slam by Trenton Brooks. Brooks and Jonah Bride would combine to tally 11 RBIs for the Aviators. Salt Lake showed signs of life in the sixth with homers by Jordyn Adams (8) and Jared Oliva (5), but the lead proved insurmountable.
The Bees and Aviators meet again for the third of their six-game series at Smith's Ballpark tomorrow on Utah Prevention Day presented by MedOne Smith's Ballpark will host over 10,000 5th and 6th . First pitch is scheduled for 11:05 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2023
- Bees' Comeback Falls Short - Salt Lake Bees
- Tacoma Rainiers Game Notes: at ABQ (5:35 PT) - Tacoma Rainiers
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2023 - Oklahoma City Baseball Club
- Reno Aces Announce Promotions for June of the 2023 Home Schedule - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Overwhelm Rainiers in Series Opener, 17-8 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Bees Complete Wild Comeback Tuesday Night - Salt Lake Bees
- Dodgers' Earn 4-3 Walk-Off Win - Oklahoma City Baseball Club
- 'Topes Run Past Rainiers in Classic Albuquerque Affa - Tacoma Rainiers
- Dodgers Come Back to Down Space Cowboys in Opener - Sugar Land Space Cowboys
- El Paso Trounces Round Rock 12-3 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- El Paso Tops Round Rock 12-3 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.