Beavers' Radhames Liz Named PCL Pitcher Of The Week
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Pacific Coast League today named Portland Beavers right-hander Radhames Liz (ROD-uh-miss LEEZE) its Pitcher of the Week for the span inclusive of April 19-25.
Liz, 26, went 1-0 with a 1.50 ERA (1er, 6.0ip) and struck out 11 batters while allowing three hits and two walks in his April 22 outing at Sacramento. Liz matched the single-game franchise record (since 2001) for strikeouts, also held by Oliver Perez, Steve Watkins and Wade LeBlanc, who accomplished the feat twice.
In three starts with the Beavers this season, Liz is 2-0 with a 2.57 ERA (4er, 14.0ip) and ranks fourth in the PCL with a team-high 22 strikeouts.
Liz, who was claimed off waivers from Baltimore on November 26, 2009, is the first Beaver to earn the honor since LeBlanc was so-honored for August 17-23, 2009.
A native of El Seybo, Dominican Republic, Liz also won the Eastern League Pitcher of the Week award twice during the 2007 season while pitching for the Orioles' Class AA Bowie affiliate: once for May 28-June 4, when he threw a nine-inning no-hitter with eight strikeouts, and again for July 23-29, when he was 1-0 with a 1.38 ERA (2er, 13.0ip) with 16 strikeouts in two starts.
Iowa's Brad Snyder was selected as the PCL Player of the Week after hitting .480 (12-for-25) with three doubles, three home runs and seven RBIs in six games.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 26, 2010
- Aces Drop 9-4 Decision to Colorado Springs - Reno Aces
- Z's Let Late Lead Slip Away in 5-3 Defeat - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- RedHawks Dominate Redbirds, 12-4 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Come Back to Top Z's in 10, 5-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Rained Out - Tacoma Rainiers
- Beavers-Grizzlies Postponed Due to Rain Monday - Portland Beavers
- Royals, 'Topes Postponed By Inclement Weather - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 'Topes And Royals Rained Out - Albuquerque Isotopes
- First Fireworks Show Of The Season Highlights Next 'Topes Homestand - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Brad Snyder Named PCL Player Of Week - Iowa Cubs
- Beavers' Radhames Liz Named PCL Pitcher Of The Week - Portland Beavers
- PCL Announces Player and Pitcher Of The Week - PCL
- Outfielder Jai Miller Claimed Off Waivers From Oakland A's - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rain Again Gets The Best Of Express, Cubs - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Cubs Doubleheader Postponed - Iowa Cubs
- American Northern Division-Rival And 2009 PCL Champion Memphis Redbirds Visit Greer On Thursday - Nashville Sounds
- Milk Mustache Mobile Tour At AT&T Bricktown Ballpark - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Baseball Announces Inaugural Alumni Cruise - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss