Beast Fall in Overtime in Game Six, Lose Series 4-2
ST. JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND - Brampton led into the third period but it wasn't enough, as Newfoundland forced overtime and won the game 3-2 and the series 4-2.
The Brampton Beast continued to be pesky at home and with victories in games four and five, pushed the series back to Newfoundland for a pivotal game six match-up.
The Growlers got the scoring started off a perfect play entering the Beast zone. Scott Pooley finished off the chance with the goal at 11:43.
The Beast responded with a short-handed marker from David Vallorani to tie the game up 1-1. Daniel Ciampini won a race down low and fed Vallorani who beat Michael Garteig high glove to tie it at 13:05.
The second period saw the Beast score the only goal of the frame off the stick of the aforementioned Ciampini. He slid the rebound past Garteig for a late 2-1 goal at 19:06.
The third period saw Pooley streak back into the zone for a power play goal of his own. The forward beat Marcoux down low 13:40 to tie the game at two apiece.
With less than a minute remaining in the third, Beast defenseman Jonathan Racine hit Growlers forward Hudson Elynuik up high.
He was give a five-minute charging penalty and received a game misconduct. The Beast would start overtime short-handed.
Shots after 60 minutes of play were 28-26 in favour of Newfoundland.
The overtime period was the third one both clubs had gone to throughout the series. It would be ended quickly on a low shot across the ice from defenseman Sam Jardine.
That would give the Growlers the overtime victory and the series win by a count of four games to two.
Garteig finished with 24 save son 26 shots. Marcoux completed his night with 26 saves on 29 shots.
Notes: Molson Three Stars Series: 3) Plouffe (NFL) 2) Jardine (NFL) 1) Pooley (NFL) The Beast finished the game by going one-for-three on the power play. Newfoundland finished two-for-five on the man advantage.
Newfoundland wins the series 4-2.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 24, 2019
- Oilers Win Game 7 to Advance to Mountain Division Finals - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Announce Division Final Playoff Schedule against Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wilson Signs PTO with AHL's Chicago Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- Matt Christine Named Royals Marketing Director - Reading Royals
- Beast Fall in Overtime in Game Six, Lose Series 4-2 - Brampton Beast
- Cyclones Release Schedule for Central Division Finals - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brampton Beast Stories
- Offensive Explosion Helps Beast Down Growlers
- Special Teams the Difference as Beast Drop Road Game
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20
- Beast Drop Close Opener against Walleye
- Beast Announce Leadership Group Ahead of Home Opener