Beamer Weems Placed On The Disabled List
San Antonio - Missions shortstop Beamer Weems has been placed on the disabled list effective today with a left orbital fracture and fractured jaw.
Weems was hit in the face last night by a pitch from Tulsa's Dustin Molleken in the seventh inning of San Antonio's 11-3 win.
In 77 games with the Missions, Weems was hitting .246 (67-for-272) with 17 doubles, one triple, nine home runs, 46 RBI and 38 runs scored.
Left-handed reliever Colt Hynes has been sent down from Triple-A Tucson to take Weems' spot on the roster.
Hynes began the 2011 season in San Antonio and posted a 0-3 record with a 1.42 ERA. In 17 relief appearances for the Missions, Hynes surrendered 12 hits, four runs (three earned) in 19.0 innings while walking 10 and striking out 19 before his promotion to Triple-A on May 15.
Hynes was 2-1 with a 5.47 ERA in 22 games for Tucson. He threw 26.1 innings and allowed 35 hits, 16 runs (all earned) with nine walks and 12 strikeouts.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from July 6, 2011
- H-E-B Bringing Jack Ingram to Ziegfest - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Patrick Keating Activated, Rollins Retires - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Summer Sizzles with Six at Dickey-Stephens Park - Arkansas Travelers
- Beamer Weems Placed On The Disabled List - San Antonio Missions
- Missions Begin Six-Game Home Stand Tomorrow - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- San Antonio Missions Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
- San Antonio Missions Announce 2020 Schedule
- Former Missions Outfielder Trent Grisham Named Milwaukee Brewers Minor League Player of the Year
- 2019 Season Review
- Sorting out Bittersweet Memories