Bandits Beat LumberKings for Fourth Straight Win
DAVENPORT, Iowa - The River Bandits won their fourth straight game defeating the Clinton LumberKings 8-2 on Thursday night at Modern Woodmen Park. Starting pitcher Carson LaRue picked up his first win after working five innings and allowing one run. The Bandits offense was backed by home runs from Stephen Wrenn and Jake Rogers.
Clinton (6-8) scored the first run in the second inning when Yojhan Quevedo singled home Luis Rengifo. The River Bandits (8-6) responded with a three-run second. Chuckie Robinson doubled home a pair of runs and Marcos Almonte tacked on an RBI single to make it 3-1 Bandits. In the fifth, Quad Cities added two more when Spencer Johnson scored Alex De Goti and Rogers on a misjudged fly ball in right field. The River Bandits blasted two solo home runs in the 8th when Wrenn and Rogers delivered. Quevedo had another run scoring single for Clinton in the ninth.
Carson LaRue (1-0) struck out four and allowed three hits in five innings. Dustin Hunt replaced LaRue in the sixth. Hunt threw three innings, allowed no runs and only three hits. Derrick Valazquez tossed the ninth, allowing the RBI single to Quevedo. Clinton starter Tim Viehoff allowed three of the eight Bandits runs. Viehoff (0-1) exited with one out in the fourth.
Game two of the four game series between Quad Cities and Clinton continues Friday night at Modern Woodmen Park at 6:35 p.m. LHP Brett Adcock (0-0, 1.00) takes the mound for the Bandits. Adcock will oppose Clinton LHP Nick Wells (0-0, 6.23). It will be Halfway to Halloween Night at the ballpark, presented by Goodwill of the Heartland, so come on out and wear your spookiest costume. If you can't make it to the game, Jake Levy and Connor Onion will have coverage on riverbandits.com and 1170 AM KBOB beginning with the River Bandits On Deck Show powered by Hampton Inn & Suites at 6:15 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 21, 2017
- Bees Fend off Snappers, 8-4 - Burlington Bees
- Chiefs Lose 4-1 Friday - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Score Early, Win Second Straight Game - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- LumberKings Muster Only Two Hits in 3-1 Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Winning Streak Snapped at Great Lakes - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rattlers Beat Peoria 4-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bandits Use Strong Pitching to Win Fifth Straight - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cubs Top Dragons 4-2, Create Tie for First Place - Dayton Dragons
- Rincon Shines, Loons Bounce Back - Great Lakes Loons
- Learn from LumberKings Players and Coaches at Ashford University Field - Clinton LumberKings
- Lugnuts Starter Gutierrez Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- High Schools Games Postponed Saturday; Action Will Resume Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Bowling Green Hot Rods Game Notes ( at LAN) - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Operation Support Our Troops Concert Moves to Northwestern Medicine - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Bats Stay Hot in 8-3 Win - South Bend Cubs
- TinCaps Top Great Lakes in 11 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Clinton Falls to Power Surging Quad Cities - Clinton LumberKings
- Marathon Sees Loons Falter - Great Lakes Loons
- Bandits Beat LumberKings for Fourth Straight Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Lugs Lose Despite Diaz's Dandy Debut - Lansing Lugnuts
- Rattlers Outslug Peoria 11-8 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Fall 11-8 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.