B-Sens Win Home Finale 4-2 over Bears
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators won their home finale 4-2 over the Hershey Bears in front of a crowd of over 4,000.
Zach Sill opened the scoring at the 14:36 mark with is eighth goal of the season, but Max McCormick answered back less than five minutes later with his 14th goal of the year assisted by Casey Bailey and Jason Akeson. The teams went to the locker room tied 1-1 with Binghamton outshooting their visitors 12-8.
The teams' exchanged goals again in middle frame with Riley Barber scoring just 65 seconds in off an assist from former B-Sen Carter Camper. Matt Puempel tied the game back up just shy of the midway point off assists from Akeson and Phil Varone. The teams entered the final intermission tied 2-2 with the B-Sens again outshooting the Bears 13-7.
Binghamton scored two goals in the final 20 minutes to solidify the win. Ryan Rupert got the game-winning goal 1:14 into the frame with his 12th goal of the season off assists from McCormick and Bailey. Varone added the insurance goal with a minute to play after finding the back of an empty net.
Matt O'Connor earned the win with 20 saves while Dan Ellis had 26 stops in the losing effort.
The Binghamton Senators finish the season in Utica on Sunday against the Comets at a 3:00p.m. puck drop. Fans can listen live on 1430 The Team or on the iHeart Radio app.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2016
- 10,561 Sees Wolves Edge Wild in Shootout Thriller - Iowa Wild
- Currie's Big Night Gives Condors a 5-2 Win in Milwaukee - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolves Prevail in Shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Stolarz Sensational (40 Saves) in Rivalry Showdown - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Gets Gutsy 2-1 Win against Lehigh Valley - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks Blanked by Devils in Regular Season Home Finale - Rochester Americans
- B-Sens Win Home Finale 4-2 over Bears - Binghamton Senators
- Bridgeport clinches final playoff spot in East - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Comets Special Teams Thrive in Comeback Win over Cuse - Utica Comets
- Senators Snap Skid against Bears in Hershey Road Finale - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Salute Fans, Cap Regular Season with 5-2 Win at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Danis Ties Record as Albany Devils Hit 100 Points - Albany Devils
- Lake Erie Loss Dents Checkers' Playoff Hopes - Charlotte Checkers
- Wolf Pack Wins, but Falls Short of Playoffs - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Rally Past Crunch, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Takes Bite out of IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Watch Party Changed - Ontario Reign
- Panthers Draft Picks Crouse, Laamikko Join Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Defenseman Kevin Gravel Heads Back to Los Angeles - Ontario Reign
- All Remaining Griffins Games to Air on ESPN 96.1 FM - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Griffins Announce Home Dates for First Round - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Nick Ritchie Reassigned by Anaheim - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch Invite Donald Trump to Drop the Puck April 16 - Syracuse Crunch
- Playoff Positioning on the Line Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Wild Signs Sam Anas to Entry-Level Contract - Iowa Wild
- Wolf Pack's Newfoundland Journey a Trip Home for Luke Adam - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign and Gulls Set Playoff Tone Tonight in San Diego - Ontario Reign
- Chris Bourque Voted American Hockey League's Most Valuable Player - Hershey Bears
- Hershey's Chris Bourque Voted 2015-16 American Hockey League Most Valuable Player - AHL
- Islanders Sign Toews to Entry-Level Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Islanders Reassign Dal Colle to Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Brian Foster Reassigned by Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Alain Valiquette to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.