B-Sens Fall to Bears 6-2
BINGHAMTON, NY - The Binghamton Senators fell 6-2 to the Hershey Bears in their first game since coming off the All Star Break.
The team's held each other to a scoreless first period with the shots 10-8 in Binghamton's favor.
The Hershey Bears scored six goals in the middle frame to break the stalemate. The first goal came from Riley Barber who notched his twelfth of the year at the 2:23 mark before Jakub Vrana pushed home his third goal of the season less than two minutes later. The next three goals came over 3:57 with the first coming from Sean Collins, followed by former B-Sen Carter Camper and Scott Gomez making it a 5-0 game with his second goal of the year. Chandler Stephenson notched a shorthanded tally to move the score to 6-0 and carry that lead to the second intermission.
Chris Driedger entered the third period in relief of starting goaltender Matt O'Connor and the B-Sens made one last effort to bring the game back in their favor. Nick Paul ended Dan Ellis' shutout bid just shy of the midway point of the final frame with his sixth goal of the season. Kyle Flanagan pushed his point-scoring streak to three games when he scored his fourth of the year with seven seconds to remain pushing the final score to 6-2.
Ellis ended the night with 25 saves to get the win while Driedger stopped all six shots faced, but O'Connor was handed the loss after stopping 10 shots.
The Binghamton Senators return to home ice tomorrow night for the DIFD Power to the Purple Night. Tickets are still available including special discounted tickets with $2.00 going back to the Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier. Tickets are available by calling the Binghamton Senators Executive Office at (607) 722-7367 or stopping in Saturday from 8:00a.m. until the second intermission. Fans can also purchase tickets through the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2016
- Grant Scores 22nd, Ties League Lead in Heat Defeat - Stockton Heat
- Callahan Gets Hat Trick, Five Points as Griffins Rout Rockford 9-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Murphy on Fire in Admirals' Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Barracuda Put up a Goose Egg in First Game Back from Break - San Jose Barracuda
- Rampage Trounce Stars 5-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Tops Stars in 5-2 Final - Texas Stars
- Americans Survive Crunch Comebacks, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Dominate Pirates 5-0 - Portland Pirates
- Falcons Unable To Complete Comeback Attempt - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Down Crunch in Back and Forth Affair - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Open Second Half with Win at Iowa - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Late Goal Bites Wild - Iowa Wild
- Zlobin, Rowney Spark Penguins' 30th Win of the Season - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Martel Hat Trick Not Enough as Win Streak Comes to Close - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hellberg Backstops Pack to 5-0 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Steal 1-0 Victory in Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Bombard Senators, Extend Point Streak to Ten - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Force Overtime, Albany Wins in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- B-Sens Fall to Bears 6-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Monsters Clip Checkers, 1-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Kearns' first career hat trick paces Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- First Time in Shootout, Albany Devils Conquer Providence Bruins - Albany Devils
- IceCaps Homecoming Spoiled by Comets - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Jump on IceCaps Early in 5-2 Win - Utica Comets
- Rockford IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank Center Announce New Security Measures - Rockford IceHogs
- Radek Faksa Recalled by Dallas Stars - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch Sticker Giveaway Courtesy of Dupli February 6 - Syracuse Crunch
- Oleksuk Typifies Wolf Pack's Depth - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Condors Game Preview: the Zooperstars Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins Visit IceHogs for Opener of Weekend Home-And-Home - Rockford IceHogs
- All-Star Forward Nick Cousins Recalled by Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Panthers Recall Regner from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Griffins and Sled Wings to Play in 11th Annual Sled Hockey Game - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks to Host 'A Chocolate Love Affair' on Friday, February 12 - Rochester Americans
- Rangers Assign Jayson Megna to Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Red Wings Recall Athanasiou - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Assign Lomberg to Adirondack - Stockton Heat
- Heat Open Three-Game Road Trip Looking for Sixth Win in-a-Row against San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Reign and Barracuda Collide on Pink in the Rink at Citizens Business Bank Arena Tonight - Ontario Reign
- B-Sens Gameday Preview - Binghamton Senators
- American Hockey League Extends Agreement with Extenet Systems, Inc. - AHL
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Adds Three Players from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Toronto - February 4 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.