B-Sens Fall 2-1 in Final Meeting with Devils
ALBANY, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators dropped a 2-1 decision to the Albany Devils in their final meeting of the season.
Reid Boucher opened the scoring for the Devils just over five minutes into the first period after stripping the B-Sens power-play unit of the puck and scoring on a shorthanded rush. The B-Sens went to the locker room for the first intermission trailing 1-0 and being outshot 13-10.
Joseph Blandisi doubled the host's lead with seven minutes left to play in the middle frame with his eighth goal of the year off assists from Boucher and Mike Sislo. Binghamton headed to the final intermission down two goals while being outshot 15-5.
Ben Harpur ended Scott Wedgewood's shutout bid with his second goal of the year 8:09 into the final period after being set up by Phil Varone. Despite the final push, the B-Sens could not form a come back and fell 2-1 in their final meeting with the Devils.
Wedgewood finished with 23 saves to earn the win while Chris Driedger had 39 stops in the losing effort.
The Binghamton Senators have their final home game of the season Friday, April 15, against the Hershey Bears at 7:05p.m. Fans can purchase tickets by calling the B-Sens Executive Office Thursday from 9:00a.m. - 5:30p.m. or Friday from 8:00a.m. - the game's second intermission. Fans can also purchase tickets through the Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2016
- Rampage Escape with 6-5 Overtime Win over Stars - Texas Stars
- San Diego Gulls First-Round Playoff Series Schedule Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Fall 5-3 at Sold-Out Van Andel Arena - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Maul Griffins, 5-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Late Goal Haunts Wild in 2-1 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Boucher, Blandisi Score in Albany Devils 2-1 Win against Binghamton Senators - Albany Devils
- Providence Finishes Regular Season Home Schedule with 3-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- B-Sens Fall 2-1 in Final Meeting with Devils - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Lose Tight Battle to Providence - Springfield Falcons
- Hogs Introduce "IceHogs Playoff Pass" - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Recall Marek Hrivik from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Diego Gulls Announce Roster Additions - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Prepare for Final Regular Season Game at the BMO Harris Bradley Center - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Signs Alex Tuch to Entry-Level Contract - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Sign Globke to Contract for 2016-17 Season - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Jose's Ryan Carpenter Wins Yanick Dupre Memorial Award as AHL's Man of the Year - AHL
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Wolf Pack Remain in Hunt - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Binghamton Senators, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- Blue Jackets Assign Bittner to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- IceCaps to Hold Annual Fan Appreciation Weekend - St. John's IceCaps
- Wolves Make Three Moves - Chicago Wolves
- Fan Appreciation Night Set for Final Home Game Friday - Binghamton Senators
- Condors Rout Heat 6-3 in Front of 6,204 in the Home Finale - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Mount Wild Third Period Comeback But Fall Just Short in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Trap Wolves 3-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.