Aviators take another from Pelicans
ROBSTOWN, TEXAS - Coastal Bend Aviators continue their winning ways with another come from behind victory against the winless Pensacola Pelicans.
In s pitcher's duo between Pedro Flores (Coastal Bend) and Clint Sodowsky (Pensacola), neither was factored into the decision. In a battle of bullpens, the Aviator staff came up big with two scoreless innings, giving Ryan Nesloney the win (1-0) and James Lira, his league leading fourth save.
Stephen Morales and Bryon Smith both had a pair of hits to lead the offensive charge for the Coastal Bend. A four run eighth inning gave the Aviators the one run lead in the ninth for closer James Lira.
Join the Avaitors tomorrow night as the Pensacola Pelicans play game three of the four game series. Call 361-387-8585 for all ticketing needs, or visit the ticket office at the ballpark.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 17, 2006
- American Association Recaps - AA
- Big Third Inning Does in St. Joe - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
- Explorers continue hot hitting in 7-1 win over yellow birds - Sioux City Explorers
- Saints defeat Blacksnakes, 7-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Aviators take another from Pelicans - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Errors down Canaries in 7-1 loss - Sioux Falls Canaries
- El Paso 7, Fort Worth 2 - AA
- Fort Worth, El Paso recap from May 16th - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.