Austin Toros Trade with Bakersfield Jam for Luke Zeller
Austin, TX November 1, 2011 - The Austin Toros today announced a trade with the Bakersfield Jam sending their 41st pick (via Fort Wayne) in the 2011 NBA D-League Draft and the second round pick in the 2012 NBA D-League Draft to Bakersfield for forward/center Luke Zeller and their 123rd pick (via Iowa) in the 2011 draft.
Zeller (6-11/245) was a 2005 McDonald's All-American. He played four years at Notre Dame where he averaged 4.9 points and 2.8 rebounds in 36 games played in his 2008-09 senior season. Zeller played with the Chicago Bulls in the 2009 NBA Summer League and later for the Shiga Lakestars in Japan. Zeller was drafted by the Iowa Energy in 2010 before being traded to the Bakersfield Jam where he averaged 6.9 points and 4.5 rebounds in 49 regular season games, and 4.7 points and rebounds in three playoff games.
"To bring a player of Luke's talent and background to the Toros organization is exciting," said Brad Jones, Toros Head Coach. "He was a big part of Bakersfield's success last season. He will add toughness and perimeter shooting to the Toros roster."
The Toros have the second pick in this year's NBA D-League draft on Thursday, November 3rd. The team will host a draft party from 5:30pm-9pm at Big Daddy's Burgers and Bar located at 9070 Research Blvd in Austin. The draft party is open to the public and Big Daddy's will provide free appetizers to those who attend.
The home opener for the Toros takes place Friday, December 2nd at 8:00 p.m. against the Tulsa 66ers at Cedar Park Center. Season and group tickets are available now. For more information please visit austintoros.com or call (512) 236-8333.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 1, 2011
- Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority to Host 2012 NBA D-League Showcase - G League
- BayHawks Announce Returning Players, Training Camp Invites - Erie BayHawks
- Texas Legends Games to Air Live on TXA 21 - Texas Legends
- Austin Toros Trade with Bakersfield Jam for Luke Zeller - Austin Spurs
- Bakersfield Trades Zeller for Draft Picks - Bakersfield Jam
- Tarver Re-Signs with Stamepde - Idaho Stampede
- Texas Legends Announce Coaching Staff - Texas Legends
- Marques Haynes, Hall-Of-Famer, Joins Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Skyforce Acquires Garcia from Energy - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Energy Obtain 2012 Fourth Round Pick from Sioux Falls - Iowa Wolves
- Jerry Smith Re-Signs with Springfield - Springfield Armor
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.