Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Austin Spurs (19-14), presented by SWBC, fell to the Santa Cruz Warriors (18-15) by a final score of 115-101 on Sunday night at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Chimezie Metu led the Spurs with 20 points (9-16 FG, 2-3 FG) to go along with 6 rebounds and 3 blocks in 33 minutes of play. Spurs assignee Keldon Johnson posted 18 points (7-18 FG, 3-3 FT) in 31 minutes, while Spurs assignee Luka Samanic finished with 17 points (5-9 FG, 1-4 3FG, 3-3 FT) in 31 minutes of play. Dedric Lawson contributed 17 points (7-12 FG, 1-5 3FG, 2-2 FT) and 6 rebounds in 22 minutes off the bench. Jeff Ledbetter and Daulton Hommes also scored in double-digits with 11 and 10 points respectively.
The Warriors started the game on a 14-6 run, helping them establish an early lead, but the Spurs answered with an 11-3 run to tie the score at 17 with 2:34 left in the first quarter. In the second, the Warriors lead grew to 11 points with 5:25 left in the half. The Spurs closed the quarter on a 22-11 run to tie the score at 54 going into the half.
The game remained close for the majority of the third quarter with the Warriors taking a slight 6-point advantage going into the fourth. The Warriors proceeded to outscore the Spurs 36-28 in the final quarter and came away with the 115-101 victory.
For the Warriors, three players finished with double-doubles: Andrew Harrison (29 points, 10 assists), Deyonta Davis (16 points, 10 rebounds) and Roger Moute a Bidias (15 points, 11 rebounds). Three other Warriors scored in double figures: Ryan Taylor (16), Nick Zeisloft (15) and Isaiah Reese (11).
Up next, the Austin Spurs will host their annual Pink Night benefiting Susan G. Komen® Greater Central and East Texas on Thursday, Feb. 13 at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park when the team takes on the Sioux Falls Skyforce at 7:30 p.m. For tickets or the full season schedule, visit austinspurs.com .
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 9, 2020
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Take Down Spurs, 115-101 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Palo's Season-High Guides Skyforce to 116-106 Victory over Nets - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Dominate at Home against Blue Coats - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Magic Fall to Skyhawks - Lakeland Magic
- Jalen Lecque Recalled by Phoenix Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Drop Game to San Lorenzo in FIBA Intercontinental Cup - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Career Night from Avila Helps Clips Break Skid - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers
- Austin Spurs Defeat Oklahoma City Blue 117-114
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 117-114 in Overtime
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Texas Night and Hoops N Hounds Games this Weekend