Atlanta United and Atlanta Falcons Acquire OhmniLabs Robots to Support Community Relations Efforts
ATLANTA - Atlanta United and the Atlanta Falcons today announced they have acquired OhmniLabs' Ohmni Telepresence Robots, sponsored by AT&T. The robots will be used to deliver community relations programs for both teams in a virtual capacity. Atlanta United players visited patients virtually using the Ohmni Robot at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta - Egleston Hospital this week.
"One of the core values of the Blank Family of Businesses is to innovate continuously, and we are thrilled to serve our community through this inventive and safe approach," said Chris Millman, AMB Sports + Entertainment Vice President of Community Relations. "We are excited to leverage this technology so that we can continue to create memorable moments. AT&T made it possible for us to execute this program and we are grateful to them for supporting our mission despite all of the challenges the pandemic has presented."
Click here for media assets including photos of the Ohmni Telepresence Robot and a video of Atlanta United players Brooks Lennon and Erick Torres using the robot to visit patients virtually at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
As a result of having to adapt initiatives to be fully virtual, Atlanta United searched for technology that would allow the club to interact with patients at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta during Unite & Conquer Cancer Month in September, an initiative that is passionately supported by players and fans. The Atlanta Falcons' community relations team was also interested in exploring robot technology, and together they sought out OhmniLabs' Telepresence Robot and AT&T, who joined the project to become the presenting sponsor.
The Atlanta Falcons plan to utilize the robot during various community events throughout the season, including an upcoming Halloween themed visit at Children's. The robot will also be used at events during the Thanksgiving and Holiday season to give Atlanta Falcons players an opportunity to interact with fans throughout the community.
Ohmni® Robot is an award-winning and affordable mobile telepresence robot designed and built in Silicon Valley, CA. By incorporating an immersive, ultra-wide field of view, tilting neck, far-field mic and speaker, and whisper-quiet and smooth motion on any surface, users can visit anywhere in the world, move independently, and interact with others as if they were there.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 25, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Houston Dynamo in Saturday Matinee - Nashville SC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF to Visit Philadelphia Union on Sunday - Inter Miami CF
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo and Dash Prepare for Doubleheader on Saturday - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Sporting Visits Colorado on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Provide 74-Day Impact Report for Pledge 74 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Okello Loaned to Hb Koge - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Andrew Brody for 2021 Season - Real Salt Lake
- #FCDvORL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- DoorDash Becomes Official On-Demand Delivery Platform of Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United and Atlanta Falcons Acquire OhmniLabs Robots to Support Community Relations Efforts - Atlanta United FC
- New York City FC Forward Heber Suffers Torn ACL - New York City FC
- Nashville SC Flexes Depth in 1-0 Win over D.C. United - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Form Transatlantic Partnership with TSG Hoffenheim - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.