#FCDvORL: Five Facts You Need to Know
Fourth-place FC Dallas (5-3-4, 19 points) hosts second-place Orlando City SC (7-2-4, 25 points) on Sunday, Sept. 27 at 7:30PM CT in a match presented by UnitedHealthcare. The match sees the return of former FC Dallas head coach Oscar Pareja to Toyota Stadium for the first time in a competitive setting since departing after the 2018 season.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvORL
TV: 7PM CT on FOX Sports Southwest, FCDTV Network
Streaming: 7PM CT on FOX Sports Go App, FOXSportsGo.com, FCDallas.com/Stream, ESPN+ (outside of the DFW market)
Radio: 7PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts the Columbus Crew on Saturday, October 3. The match, presented by Chick-fil-A, kicks off at 7:30PM CT.
5 Things to Know about #FCDvORL
Sunday's game sees the return of former FC Dallas head coach ï¿½"scar Pareja and former player Tesho Akindele. Pareja's first homecoming actually came last year when FCD hosted his former team Club Tijuana of Liga MX in a friendly match. However, this'll be the first time Papi returns in a competitive setting since departing FC Dallas at the end of the 2018 season. Pareja coached FCD for five seasons and led the club to the MLS Supporters' Shield and Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup double in 2016. It's also the first return of Akindele who joined the Lions in late 2018 after spending five fruitful years with FC Dallas.
Cannon's Heir Apparent
This week FC Dallas announced the contract extension for Homegrown defender Bryan Reynolds. Since the departure of fellow Homegrown Reggie Cannon to F.C. Boavista, the 19-year-old Reynolds has started three games in Cannon's open right back spot, earning his first MLS assist on Sept. 10 against Minnesota United. Reynolds' new four-year contract is a sign that Dallas believes he can fill Cannon's void on the right side of the defense. If he starts on Sunday, Reynolds will be up against former teammate Tesho Akindele and the head coach who originally signed him as a 15-year-old in ï¿½"scar Pareja.
Attack vs. Defense
Sunday's match poses an interesting matchup between attack versus defense. Orlando City is the highest scoring outfit in the Eastern Conference with 25 goals from 13 games. On the other hand, FC Dallas holds the second-best defensive record in the West with just 13 goals allowed from its first 12 outings. With Orlando averaging nearly two goals per game and Dallas conceding just over one per game, it's a classic unstoppable force versus immovable object scenario at Toyota Stadium Sunday night.
This will be the sixth time FC Dallas and Orlando City face off in MLS play. Dallas holds a 3-1-1 record (8 goals for, 2 against) against the Lions all-time. When playing at Toyota Stadium, FCD has a perfect 2-0-0 record with six goals scored and zero conceded. Last season, Dallas fell 2-0 to Orlando at Exploria Stadium with former player Tesho Akindele opening the scoring.
Oscar Pareja has turned Orlando from a team that finished second to last in 2019 to a Supporters' Shield contender in a matter of months. Orlando is currently on a three-game win streak and moved into second place in the East with a 2-1 victory over Sporting KC Wednesday night. The Lions are unbeaten in seven games with their last loss coming back in August when they fell 3-2 to in-state rivals Inter Miami CF.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 25, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Houston Dynamo in Saturday Matinee - Nashville SC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF to Visit Philadelphia Union on Sunday - Inter Miami CF
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo and Dash Prepare for Doubleheader on Saturday - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Sporting Visits Colorado on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Provide 74-Day Impact Report for Pledge 74 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Okello Loaned to Hb Koge - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Andrew Brody for 2021 Season - Real Salt Lake
- #FCDvORL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- DoorDash Becomes Official On-Demand Delivery Platform of Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United and Atlanta Falcons Acquire OhmniLabs Robots to Support Community Relations Efforts - Atlanta United FC
- New York City FC Forward Heber Suffers Torn ACL - New York City FC
- Nashville SC Flexes Depth in 1-0 Win over D.C. United - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Form Transatlantic Partnership with TSG Hoffenheim - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.