MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced
September 25, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found Atlanta United midfielder Jon Gallagher guilty of simulation/embellishment. Gallagher has been issued an undisclosed fine for his actions in the 23rd minute of the Atlanta United match against Inter Miami CF on Sept. 19.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee has found Real Salt Lake midfielder Damir Kreilach guilty of simulation/embellishment. Kreilach has been issued an undisclosed fine for his actions in the 28th minute of the Real Salt Lake match against Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Sept. 19.
Additionally, the MLS Disciplinary Committee has found Colorado Rapids forward Andre Shinyashiki guilty of simulation/embellishment. Shinyashiki has been issued an undisclosed fine for his actions in the 23rd minute of the Colorado Rapids match against the San Jose Earthquakes on Sept. 23.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee has issued an undisclosed fine to FC Dallas midfielder Bryan Acosta for his failure to leave the field in a timely manner after receiving a red card in the 90th minute during the FC Dallas match against Sporting Kansas City on Sept. 19.
Additionally, the MLS Disciplinary Committee has issued an undisclosed fine to Minnesota United FC midfielder JÃ¡n GreguÅ¡ for his failure to leave the field in an orderly manner after receiving a red card in the 88th minute during the Minnesota United FC match against the Houston Dynamo on Sept. 19.
Montreal Impact forward Romell Quioto has been suspended for an additional match, two matches total, and issued an undisclosed fine for violent conduct against Philadelphia Union defender Mark McKenzie in the 13th minute of the Impact's match against the Philadelphia Union on Sept. 20. Quioto served the first game of his suspension on Sept. 23 during Montreal's match against the New England Revolution. He will serve the additional match suspension during Montreal's match on Sept. 27 against the New York Red Bulls.
Seattle Sounders FC forward RaÃºl RuidÃaz has been suspended for one match and issued an undisclosed fine for violent conduct against Portland Timbers defender Pablo Bonilla in the 54th minute of Seattle's match against the Portland Timbers on Sept. 23. RuidÃaz will serve his suspension during Seattle's match on Sept. 27 against the LA Galaxy.
The play was reviewed under Disciplinary Committee Parameter #3, in which the Disciplinary Committee may act where the Professional Referees Organization (PRO) acknowledges an on-field referee or Video Review error, and where the Committee is unanimous that the play warrants at least a one match suspension as a clear and unequivocal red card, is egregious and/or repeat behavior in nature, and/or the Committee must act to protect player safety or the integrity of the game.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 25, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Houston Dynamo in Saturday Matinee - Nashville SC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF to Visit Philadelphia Union on Sunday - Inter Miami CF
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo and Dash Prepare for Doubleheader on Saturday - Houston Dynamo
- Preview: Sporting Visits Colorado on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Provide 74-Day Impact Report for Pledge 74 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Okello Loaned to Hb Koge - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Andrew Brody for 2021 Season - Real Salt Lake
- #FCDvORL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- DoorDash Becomes Official On-Demand Delivery Platform of Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United and Atlanta Falcons Acquire OhmniLabs Robots to Support Community Relations Efforts - Atlanta United FC
- New York City FC Forward Heber Suffers Torn ACL - New York City FC
- Nashville SC Flexes Depth in 1-0 Win over D.C. United - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Form Transatlantic Partnership with TSG Hoffenheim - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.